How To Fix Tank Of Cloudiness

zachtuffman

Today I did a huge water change on one of my tanks so I decided it was a good time to try sand. I got pool filter sand and rinsed it thoroughly (so I thought). Now my water is hazy as can be. I was wondering if that's normal, and if so, how long will it usually take to clear? Or could I just throw on one of my extra filters to clear it up quicker? Thanks in advance.

HPzzy

Yes that is very normal... The time it will clear depends on what kind of filter you have... But even without a filter the sand will eventually settle and your water will be free of floating sand particles...

Sacksteder kid

Are you talking about a bacterial or algal cloudiness or a sandy cloudiness?

zachtuffman

HPzzy said:
Yes that is very normal... The time it will clear depends on what kind of filter you have... But even without a filter the sand will eventually settle and your water will be free of floating sand particles...
In the 15 minutes since I posted I've already seen immense improvement. I guess I jumped the gun on worrying a little. My water is treated and heated and my fish are back in and look to be having the time of their lives in the sand. Especially my kuhlI loaches!

Sacksteder kid

great! Have fun with the sand. I've heard it's a lot easier to clean.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom