How to finish stocking my 55?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by WadeEH, Dec 21, 2012.

1. WadeEH

WadeEH Valued Member Member

I am about ready to add some more fish to my 55g, but still can't decide what to add. As of now I have 6 cherry barbs and 5 gold barbs. I will be adding at least 2 more gold barbs as soon as I can find some females around here. I also will be adding a school of some type of cory cats. This fills out the bottom and middle levels pretty well, but I need some fish for the upper level of the tank. What suggestions do you guys have?

55g 12-21-12-1.JPG

2. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

How about a centerpiece fish? An Angel, maybe?

3. OP
    OP
    WadeEH

Thanks Akari, I am considering either an Angel or Gourami if I go with a centerpiece. I also would like to hear some ideas on a school of upper level fish.

Oh and by the way, I really liked your 20g long blog.

4. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Hatchet fish stay at the top and add some interest. If you go the gourami route, is to for Pearls. They are much more well behaved than the others.

Haha, thank you. It's a mess right now as far as stocking, no thanks to my uncle and my impulse buys :;laughing

5. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

6. guppygrl

guppygrl Valued Member Member

Love the video! They are dancing!

7. OP
    OP
    WadeEH

Jaysee, I do like those. What type of loach are those and how big do they get? I have always liked the Clown Loaches, but I know they get too big.

8. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Those are angelicus loaches - they get to 5 inches. They are pretty expensive though. Zebra loaches (botia striata) are a similar and a lot cheaper. There are other botia species that would work too. Not sure what's available in your area, but loaches.com is an excellent resource to learn about the ones you find.

9. OP
    OP
    WadeEH

I will have to look into loaches now. I will have to look around the LFS and see what is available here. I just saw your other post of the loaches. I love that tank. What size in that tank and what is your stocking list? I have always really liked the gold severums and yours looks great. If my tank was big enough that would be my first choice for a centerpiece.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice