How to feed nerite snails with Cory cats

IzabelB

I got two nerite snails recently and they’ve very quickly eaten all the algae off of my glass and now they are munching on my driftwood, which I don’t mind. I would just drop an algae wafer in there at night like google says to, but I can’t with corys. They immediately smell anything I put in the water and they take it.
How am I supposed to feed them?

Aquariumlover1357

You could always try blanched leaves of lettuce or other veggies. The cory cats usually don't eat those and the pieces are too big for them to eat completely. Good luck!

Upvote 0

LHAquatics

You can add 2 batches. MAke sure you don't feed the cories good food and not just algea afers.

Upvote 0

IzabelB

You could always try blanched leaves of lettuce or other veggies. The cory cats usually don't eat those and the pieces are too big for them to eat completely. Good luck!
Could I use spinach? I used to feed spinach to my mystery snails before realizing that it blocks their calcium intake, will it do the same with nerites?

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

Could I use spinach? I used to feed spinach to my mystery snails before realizing that it blocks their calcium intake, will it do the same with nerites?

It does? Do you have a source? I'm not disputing it, but I don't remember seeing this before.

Upvote 0

IzabelB

It does? Do you have a source? I'm not disputing it, but I don't remember seeing this before.
It was a post on my moms Facebook group, I’ll find it and edit this when I get out of bed.

I‘d also never heard that before, but after I switched from mostly spinach to zucchini his shell started looking a lot better. Maybe it’s because of something else, I’m not sure.

Upvote 0

AggressiveAquatics

You can try veggies because corys shouldn’t touch them but Almost all nerites won’t either. A nerites diet is almost completely taken up by algae and biofilm and most wont go near a vegetable

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I mean, if you can get the snails to eat wafers, more power to you! Most of my nerites ignore them. Haven't found anything yet they consistently will eat other than algae, but they are all still going strong so they are eating something!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
StarGirl
  • Question
Replies
Views
megnbug
  • Question
Replies
Views