How To Feed Garlic To Fish?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Vince66, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Vince66Valued MemberMember

i searched around and i see that people are feeding their fish garlic .i got a reply to a post that i put on here about garlic. How do you go about feeding garlic to your fish ?? Im told its great to boost their immune system. Can i feed them raw garlic ?? I doubt they would eat it ??

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. matsungit

matsungitWell Known MemberMember

You can buy readily prepared Garlic Guard by Seachem. There are other brands available as well. Alternatively you can crush garlic and mix with clean water. How much garlic and how long to soak is up to you. Strain it to get rid of the solid pieces an you can use the "extract" to soak your fish's food.

3. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

You can feed the fish NLS thera-A. It's got a mega dose of garlic in it.

4. Matt B

Matt BWell Known MemberMember

+1 to the above post, I use it as a staple. Alot easier than soaking food imo.

5. Butterbean

ButterbeanValued MemberMember

I was taught a few years back that when your fish were not eating that garlic would help to get them eating again and it did. What I did was soak my food in it (it was for a puffer) I put blood worms and water in a little dish plus a drop of water conditioner and added a cut and cleaned piece of fresh garlic and left it in the frig over night. It worked fantastic

6. Jaysee

My fish practically jump out of the tank for thera-A. I feed it exclusively.

7. matsungit

8. Jaysee

It's been more than 3 years since my fish have eaten anything else. I think it would be good for your fish to make the switch, but I'm a huge fan of the product so I'm bias.

9. matsungit

I think I'll try replacing the Aqueon flakes with it initially. My omnivores are quite picky. They hate Omega One and they grudgingly take Tetra Color. Although I've noticed good growth with my current meat regimen. I hope the amount of protein is comparable. Garlic Guard and frozen food is getting to be a bit pricey since they're starting to consume more.

10. carolo43

carolo43Valued MemberMember

I've used garlic juice, dribbled it on fish pellets and allowed it to dry. My fish wouldn't eat it unless it was allowed to dry first.

11. OP
    OP
    V

Vince66Valued MemberMember

is garlic safe for the fish to eat ???

12. Matt B

Matt BWell Known MemberMember

I've fed finely diced up garlic to my fish on many occasions so I hope so. ;)
    Imo as long as you remove the outer layer and chop it very fine its okay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice