How To Feed Cardinal

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by Reef13G YT, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Reef13G YT

Reef13G YT Valued Member Member

I got some food for my Cardinal. He is the only carnivore so since it was shrimp I thought he would be the only one to eat it.
    But my other fish are eating it and the Cardinal get's no food. How do I feed him. Do I have to hand feed him?

2. stella1979

stella1979 Moderator Moderator Member

Maybe try catching your other fishes attention with their regular food, then, while they're distracted, try target feeding the cardinal.

3. OP
    OP
    Reef13G YT

I'll try that!

4. Cranks_Tanks

Cranks_Tanks Valued Member Member

I have to drop food at both ends of my tanks. I have 2 clowns and two benggai cardinals who, funny enough, prefer to be friends with the other species. My larger clown and cardinal eat at one side and the smaller clown and cardinal eat at the other side.

5. OP
    OP
    Reef13G YT

I thought baggani and clown hated each other, lol

6. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

d517afbbe11084c10eb16a9ce27ed03b.jpg my banggai is always close to one of my clowns, but he will not spot feed or take dry food, he only accepts frozen brine or cyclops and i have to squirt it in the corner of the tank or he gets none. I hope over time he will feed from the pippet or my fingers like the rest of my fish.

7. OP
    OP
    Reef13G YT

I got scammed. I went to the pet store today and the man gave me pellets for him. LOL. He's been starving for days. Know I need Brine Shrimp! I'm about to go throw him down the drain [JK, I would never do that]

8. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

You didn't get scammed some will eat pellets and mine probably will over time i think, but yeah get some frozen brine shrimp it lasts me ages i cut one block in to about 6 pieces.

9. OP
    OP
    Reef13G YT

Ok I'll be going to the pet store today for LR. I'll pick some brine there as well. Lol I thought when I was a real big newb, that I wanted my tank to be full of sea monkeys

10. Cranks_Tanks

Cranks_Tanks Valued Member Member

mine never got the memo haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice