How to do a water scape in the fishtank

annoymous_89

Reaction score
i am wondering what materials is needed if i want to allow the plants to grow in the tank and how do i go about doing it? there is another thing too ,do  goldfish and Zebra Danio go well  together  in a community tank. ???

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Do you mean live plants, if so this should be moved to the plant section but until then you need basic requirements of light, some sort of fertilizer if you have no fish, gravel, and that's basically it. Can you be a bit more descriptive on what you want?

Austin

annoymous_89

Reaction score
i have two water plants in my tank in small platic pots but they dont seem to grow at all and the bottom of my tank i have small sized pebbles. my question is that what do i need in order to make them grow and become established in the tank? i have fishes in the tank too

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No goldfish are coldwater 60-68 degrees fareheit sp. and zebra danios are tropcial 72-80 degrees. You need to take the plannts out of the pots for them to grow well. Do you know what type they are because they might be non-aquatic and if so they will die. Can you take a picture of them? What size are the pebbles are they large or pea size.

annoymous_89

Reaction score
i will try to get a picture of the plants, the stones they are about a bit larger than  a five cent coin
what other fishes may i add with the goldfishes besides the zebra fish?
( i also have  two Corydoras Catfish, one an adult another a baby)

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok I know what you are talking about, yes I think plants will grow in there but not the best but i think it wilil limit the plants you can choose. Are the plants in a black pot, and do you think you can take it out?

annoymous_89

Reaction score
i guess so, it is covered in sponge and i am afraid of damaging the roots . if i just take out that pot and plant it into the stones, they should be able to grow?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The plants need to be taken out of the pots. The stuff around the roots is called rock wool and needs to be gently pulled off the roots. Get as much off as you can. Now we need to know what kind of plants they are in order to tell you how to plant them.
The Corys definately need to come out of the goldfish tank because of the temperature requirements. the danios can be acclimated to cooler temps if need be but the are so fast your Goldie will never get enough to eat.
Carol

annoymous_89

Reaction score
ok i will try to get the pictures in so that u can identify them , the corys which i have ,seem to do well with the goldfish  in the same tank and they had grown well in the community tank too .

one of the plants resembles a small pine tree with tiny leaves and long stalks.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom