How To Diy A Betta 36" (91 Cm) Tank For $25.00

Gus47
I have constructed a Betta aquarium; 36 in (91.50 cm) Long x 6 in (15.25 cm) Wide x 4 in (10.16 cm) Tall to fit my needs. It actually holds over 3 gallons (11 liters).

There are four steps to the building of the tank:

1) Silicone plastic 1 in molding (2.54 cm) 90º and 32” x 6” glass for the bottom together.

2) Made sure the sides, 36” x 4” and 6” x 4” fit together correctly.

3) Silicone the sides and let it cure for 24 hours.

4) Put the tank where you want it and test for water leaks.

Tank l.jpg
Tank ll.jpg
1 2

Tank lll.jpg
Tank lV.jpg 3 4

Bought everything at Lowe’s, cost of aquarium is : molding $7.80, glass $13.43 and used 1/3 tube of silicone $3.35 for a total of $24.58 (including sales tax) for a custom bare Betta tank.

Betta tank.jpg
It’s easy and inexpensive.

JoeCamaro
Pretty Cool! Thanks for the idea.

Brian Rodgers
Way to go. Resourceful of you and great looking tank too.

DioAquatics
Awesome tank! Your betta will love swimming in there

Osiris63
Awesome. And the lighting is cool too!

Jeepn4x4
Great idea. Nice work.

Piaelliott
I would like to see finished product with the fish! Please!

Ktribb87
This is awesome! If only I didn’t have cats... I guess I’d just make a lid for it, my daughter has been asking for a betta tank of her own in her room.

Ulu
I always keep my tanks covered because I'm afraid the fish will jump out but apparently bettas don't jump out?

I've had silver dollars and plecos and other fish jump right out of my tank.

TheCrazyFishGuy
I always keep my tanks covered because I'm afraid the fish will jump out but apparently bettas don't jump out?

I've had silver dollars and plecos and other fish jump right out of my tank.
I’ve heard multiple cases of bettas jumping, so that might be an issue needing attention

Steve O
My daughter had a few Bettas and two jumped out of the Betta 1.5 tanks. In my opinion I think they jump when it gets to toxic in their so called tank cause people keep them in small tanks with no filtration or heat. I think they are very hardy fish but should be kept in same environment that other fish are kept in. They are very mistreated fish like gold fish in my opinion.

Steve O
Very nice tank by the way. The fish will love it!

Rojer Ramjet
My daughter had a few Bettas and two jumped out of the Betta 1.5 tanks. In my opinion I think they jump when it gets to toxic in their so called tank cause people keep them in small tanks with no filtration or heat. I think they are very hardy fish but should be kept in same environment that other fish are kept in. They are very mistreated fish like gold fish in my opinion.

My betta is in a 75 which is part of a 350 gallon cascade; I really can't imagine having one in something smaller than 10 gallons, and I certainly can't imagine not supplying heat, filtration and metered light. It makes me very sad to see those poor little betta at the store, in their little tiny cup - half of the times with the water tinted blue because of prophylactic medication dosing... Grrr...

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
timg
Replies
Views
Jonez
Replies
Views
delta5
Replies
Views