How To Cover Gap In Hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyfishtalk

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello, quick question. I bought a lovely tank off eBay (nearly cycled) and one small part is missing from the hood measuring about 7inches by 2 inches. What do you suggest I cover this gap with. I'm not sure if any fish will actually jump (it would just make me feel better).
I've attached some pictures. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

EternalDancer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A piece of clear Perspex (can't think what y'all call it)... plastic glass stuff, that you can cut a tiny gap out for the cables, and seal to the tank lid?

Some sort of mesh you could tie to the cables rather than than attaching to the tank so it's a completely removable option if needed?

It's actually really hard to tell angles from that pic...

Make a "hood" out of Perspex/whatever to just hook over either side of the gap?

Andyfishtalk

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks for the reply. I've had to cut the picture down due to the size limit. I'll do some googling over the weekend for the clear Perspex. Thanks!

Attachments

RyleighJ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If you don't see the hole in the lid from most angles, you could always just go the cheap route and tape some plastic wrap over it.

_IceFyre_

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I usually just use cardboard, but Perspex would look nicer.

Andyfishtalk

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks for all the replies. I've ordered some cable ties and Perspex. I'm thinking I'm going to make a sheet which can move up and down the wires to cover the gap. I'll post some pictures next weeks when it's complete. Thanks!

Tiny_Tanganyikans

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I use polyfil to plug holes temporarily.

I use 1/8th acrylic sheets from my local hardware store in black and clear to make lids or cover HOB holes.

I use cutouts of stainless steele screen to seal holes in lids that I want to "breathe".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom