How To Connect Ai Hydra To App Question

Discussion in 'Saltwater Tank Equipment' started by Esimm03, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Esimm03

Esimm03Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +897
    Experience:
    3 years
    Hi,
    So I recently picked up a red sea reefer 350 established system, it had on it one AI hydra 52 with a remote, I was wondering how I connect it to the my ai app? The device doesn't appear on my WiFi list as it should according to the app, do I have an old version that doesn't use the app?

Also, is the coverage and intensity ok? The guy I bought it on had it on 50% everything (he had FOWLR), I've got it at current on the following:

Whites - 50%
    Violet - 100%
    Red - 42%
    Green - 37%
    Dark blue - 100%
    Royal blue - 100%
    UV - 100%

And at night it's got:
    Whites - 1%
    UV - 50%

Is this ok? I wasn't sure about UV at night so will change if it's not suitable?
    The coverage seems pretty good I'm the DT, but I was debating whether I need a second?
    I've attached a pic, excuse the algae, it's as it is newly setup.

Thanks,
    Ethan

P.s, the reason it's fully stocked is because my old tank exploded, and I figured they'd have a better chance in this tank than buckets, they are all doing well and the peramiters are all as they should be. 1559408964880.1559408986297.1559409014513.

2. Jesterrace

JesterraceWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Experience:
    1 year
    Looks like an older non HD model and I can't remember if they were programmable via app or not. Given that it was used I think the seller has to remove it from his account as it's likely registered to it (you generally register the serial number to the account). FYI the app is really buggy and it's much more stable and easier to register them directly via desktop or laptop to the myai website. I had nothing by issues with my Hydra 26 HDs with the app, but switched to PC and have had rock solid stability for over a year now. I run my Hydras on the 18K setting (recommended by my Coral-Centric LFS).

3. OP
    OP
    Esimm03

Esimm03Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +897
    Experience:
    3 years
    Ok, all I know is that it's been running for 11 months, no clue about before... It came with the tank and I only started using 3 weeks ago, I'll check, although the controller will do... It's just annoying having to be tethered to the tank, I'll find it on my computer and attempt a pair, it is a pretty awesome light! Had to put it on only 50% power and I'll ramp up, really annoyed my corals directly underneath, I guess sps is only suitable directly underneath .

Thanks for the help,
    Ethan