How to complete my stocking? Need to form schools

neofyt05

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello all,

My tank is a 32g, lightly planted one set up almost a year ago. My initial stock was
1 angelfish (young adult)
10 harlequin rasbora
7 neon tetra
1 black molly
1 female german blue ram
4 bronze corydoras

I want on vacation and stupid me set the timer to always on and left my lights on for 5 days and I lost 4 tetras and 2 cories. I bought 3 more tetras and they died one by one and I am down to just 1. I think the angelfish might have eaten them but I was able to find some of the dead neons.

So my stocking now is
1 angelfish (young adult)
10 harlequin rasbora
1 neon tetra
1 black molly
1 female german blue ram
2 bronze corydoras

So what should i do? I really love the neons but i find it risky to buy 6 more of them because of the angelfish but what do i do with that lone one? Also should i really buy more corydoras? Can I add another gbr to the mix? Can i add congo tetras instead of neons? And how many?

Thanks

dcle7526

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
i would suggest only restocking your neon's (maybe 6 to 8 more) and adding to your bronze cory's (maybe 3 or 4 more)

neofyt05

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Don't you think the angelfish might be the reason the tetras die?

JeffK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'd rehome the last neon and add 3-4 more bronze cories. Then I'd watch the tank for a few weeks and MAYBE try to add another GBR if all seems well. Just my 2 cents...

neofyt05

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My other tank is a 8 gallon one with a betta. I don't think moving the neon there is a good idea.

I have to say that i like your picture very much...

Lyfeoffishing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yeah most likely the angle is the cause of neons dieing. Although the first ones survived that was probably because they grew up together or it just wasn't big enough yet.

As for the corys get school up to 6+. And the addition of a male GBR would be nice if the pair up and mate!!!

JeffK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
neofyt05 said:
My other tank is a 8 gallon one with a betta. I don't think moving the neon there is a good idea.

I have to say that i like your picture very much...
Thanks! That's my GBR I got a little over 3 weeks ago (I'm currently in search of a female for him). Do you know anyone who might be able to give that last neon a good home?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom