How to Clean?

Whitelightning

Hi, I'm new to fish keeping and have noticed some buildup on the walls of the tank. I'm wondering how to clean it? Sorry if that's a ridiculous question. In the past, when I was a ding-dong who didn't know what they were doing, I would do 100% water changes (cringe, I know, I know, I'm sorry) and would use a towel to wipe down the buildup off the walls. Now that I am no longer doing 100% water changes, I'm not sure how to clean the buildup off the walls. I don't have a vacuum (I don't even know if that's what you use it for or if that's just for gravel), so I'm wondering how to clean the buildup off the walls of the tank? Thanks!

StarGirl

You can use something as free as a old gift card. They have those magna scrapers but I don't think they work that well myself. I have a little scraper blade.

betta06

do you mean algae? I use new toothbrush and nerate snails they do a great job I hardly have to clean it!

Whitelightning

betta06 said:
do you mean algae? I use new toothbrush and nerate snails they do a great job I hardly have to clean it!
Thank you for your feedback! I think it's algae because I've had the light on, but it's brown. I think algae can be brown... Wow, a toothbrush is a great idea!
StarGirl said:
You can use something as free as a old gift card. They have those magna scrapers but I don't think they work that well myself. I have a little scraper blade.
Thank you for your feedback! Oh, I agree about the magnetic scrapers. I have one and they don't work all the time/reach all the hard spots.

StarGirl

If it is a newer tank it is probably diatoms. They will eventually clear.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom