How to clean this thing?

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by TylerLovesFish, Jan 11, 2013.

  1. TylerLovesFishWell Known MemberMember

    So, more problems with the 3 gallon (as expected). It has become cloudy, so I have done 50% water changes every 2 days. It is still cloudy, and I have no way of cleaning the bottom of the tank (I have no vacuum). Any ideas? Can I just take the gravel out and clean it with water?
     
  2. Reptiguy97Valued MemberMember

    You could get a 5 gallon filter. That may work. My 100 gallon turtle tank had the same problem but then I got a Fluval FX5 which is a filter for tanks about 400 gallons but it works great and it keeps my water cristal clear all the time.:)


    Edit: you could also get an under gravel filter for the gravel problem.
     
  3. jdhefModeratorModerator Member

    maybe you could spring for a gravel vac, or at least a turkey baster. You could remove the gravel and clean it and but you may lose any bacteria that is living there.
     
  4. TylerLovesFishWell Known MemberMember

    I was thinking about taking our 75% of it and cleaning it so there is still bacteria in the remaining 25%
     
Loading...




  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice