Okay thanks I’m really paranoid about thisIf you have a dishwasher, put it in there on its own, double up on cleaning detergent etc and put it on the longest/hottest programme you have. By the time it finishes it will be totally clean and sterile.
Okay that makes me feel better thank youMy roommate has been unknowingly cooking with a pot that once had driftwood-tannin water sit for a few months and slowly evaporate, leaving brown tannin residue. I simply washed with Dawn and hot water. We're not dead.
We, including you, probably put a ton of bacteria without knowing into our bodies plus have bacteria on our bodies.
I'm more concerned about the wet towel she uses to "clean" the counters and leaves sitting around, wet. Or the sponge she uses to clean her dishes. Dunno what bacteria and "spores" are living in those.
If it worked like this, what about all the times you've put raw meat, raw eggs, etc. inside of a pan or pot? I would be way more scared of that than what could potentially be in the driftwood. Boiling (not to mention detergent) removes 99% of the scary stuff and the rest is everywhere anyways, pointless to worry about it.
I know this was a serious question and you are concerned but the reason we wash our dishes in detergent and hot water is to kill the germs/bacteria that can grow on things if not washed well. Washing this pot WILL remove/kill anything that might have been left behind when boiling your driftwood along with removing it from the driftwood.
And then call me when it's readyIf this is a big pot, go out and buy about 20 lbs of crawfish. Fill the pot part way up with water, add crawfish boil, about 10 garlic bulbs, cut lemons, potatoes, and corn. Once the pot is at a rolling boil add the crawfish and boil for 10 minutes and turn the heat off. The pot will be sterilized and the tannin's may add some flavor to the crawfish.
some of you have been extremely helpfulOh come now, we all friends here.
very helpful, thank you!!Boiling the driftwood would kill any bacteria on the wood, I was abit nervous myself boiling it then using the same pot for myself but use soap and water and wash it abit harder then normal and you'll be ok, let it air dry or even wash it twice...