How to clean second hand acrylic tank?

1. T

TheOdinOne New Member Member

I bought this 90 gallon corner acrylic tank and wanted to know any tips to clean it. Thinking of using water vinegar solution with a scratch free sponge but was wondering if theres any other better solutions. I took out the sand and it is now empty. Thanks for any help.[​IMG]

2. Mwh7

Mwh7 Valued Member Member

I would just use water and a sponge. You can use dawn dish soap if you wash it out REALLY GOOD after, I did that with my 25 Gallon.

3. sunshine2012

sunshine2012 Valued Member Member

I have a friend that used mr. Clean magic eraser and rinsed well and it worked very well.

4. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Doesn't it have chemicals in it?

5. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

I personally would use a never washed, never used cheap washcloth and distilled white vinager water solution combined with a little elbow grease (aka work) should be able to clean it well.

I stay away from sponges because it's difficult to find one that doesn't have soap in it already.

6. OP
    OP
    T

After [​IMG]

7. Fgrefee

Fgrefee Valued Member Member

What did you end up using to clean it so well?

8. OP
    OP
    T

I used a razor blade to scrape off the build up that was attached to the acrylic. I then sanded the tank with wet dry sand paper. I then polished the tank. I completed washed the tank after with water. And the results were amazing!

9. Fgrefee

Fgrefee Valued Member Member

Definitely amazing! I'll have to remember this

10. OP
    OP
    T

Thank you! It took me 2 days to do it. Couldve tooken me less but i work graveyard so i sleep during the day and i also live in a apartment so couldnt do much at night. Didnt want to wake up the neighbors.

11. f

fishlee01 Valued Member Member

Good job, wet dry paper on acrylic, check