How To Clean Reaally Old Decorations

MaximumRide14
HI again! I recently got some old stuff from some friends who don’t keep fish anymore. I want to use this decoration, and it looks clean from the outside, but the inside is all brown and it smells really gross. I don’t feel comfortable using bleach and soap, regardless of how much you wash it afterwards, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? Preferably those where you don’t have to wait a long time, because I plan on getting the betta tonight.
Thanks!

Image1521928551.016924.jpg
Image1521928568.570202.jpg
Image1521928589.418774.jpg
As you can see, it’s pretty dirty inside and I can’t reach my fingers all the way in.
I just set the decoration in a pitcher with hot water.

Advertisement
RedLoredAmazon
Try using a toothbrush or if you have a baby bottle brush to scrub the inside. Actually, just go to the dollar store and buy the baby bottle brush, it will do a better job a scrubbing the inside of that thing. Please post pictures of your new betta!

MaximumRide14
Try using a toothbrush or if you have a baby bottle brush to scrub the inside. Actually, just go to the dollar store and buy the baby bottle brush, it will do a better job a scrubbing the inside of that thing. Please post pictures of your new betta!

Thanks! Hopefully I get the betta tomorrow but here is what the tank looks like right now
Image1521939399.507227.jpgVery empty lol

RedLoredAmazon
Nice start! I think some plants will make this tank really pop. .....actually, a betta will make this tank look really good!

MaximumRide14
Nice start! I think some plants will make this tank really pop. .....actually, a betta will make this tank look really good!

Thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
2211Nighthawk
Replies
Views
Drakkenfyre
Replies
Views
AquariumNoob1988
Replies