How to clean plants

NicksFishTanks

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is anyway to clean plants make sure there is no parasites on them or anything like that. I know for corals to do that they put them in bug killer for a few minutes then rinse them off really good. I was thinking maybe this wouldn’t work for plants. It might kill them. Any ideas on how to make sure they don’t have parasites?

lilirose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A lot of people use a diluted bleach dip to remove snails and other pests, though to be honest I have never heard of other parasites being spread via freshwater plants, with the possible exception of planaria- but accidentally adding pond snails to a tank can be a nightmare!

Using a bleach dip is perfectly safe as long as you rinse in dechlorinated water afterwards.

NicksFishTanks

Valued Member
Reaction score
lilirose said:
A lot of people use a diluted bleach dip to remove snails and other pests, though to be honest I have never heard of other parasites being spread via freshwater plants, with the possible exception of planaria- but accidentally adding pond snails to a tank can be a nightmare!

Using a bleach dip is perfectly safe as long as you rinse in dechlorinated water afterwards.
Ok great. Thank you.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom