How to clean objects exposed to ICK?

1. PD305 Initiate Member

Hi! I'm going through a tough ICK infection that let me with only one of my 3 fancy goldfish . I treated the whole fish tank twice with Jungle ICK as described in the package. The only fish alive looks like it has a chance to survive. But as I'm doing water changes with the same set of bucket I used during the hardest part of the outbreak, I'm kinda paranoid of getting the whole tanks infected again. Is that posible? What's the correct way to clean the objects that had been exposed to the parasite? Thanks. ..

2. Protim Sarkar Well Known Member Member

Try the heat treatment . The chemicals are not good for fishes. You should use a gravel washer and perform water changes frequently.

3. tokiodreamy Well Known Member Member

I'm sure the heat treatment doesn't work with cold water fish or its done differently. I'm not too sure on that one.

Keep up with daily or every other day large 40-50% water changes.

I believe you can use a water and vinegar mix but I'm not sure the ratio since I've never done it. Also ich dies in 14days with no host in water.

But if your tank already has ich you can't make it worse by using the same equipment. I've treated ich in both my tanks and i still use the same equipment. Just do a good job of cleaning it out.

4. PD305 Initiate Member

Thank you!