How to change your profile info from your mobile device

AquaticBrandon
Hey guys!
Well I have seen a few members and new members that sometimes have trouble changing their info on their mobile device. They use the mobile app which I know you can't do anything like that. I will like to show step by step on how you will be able to access your profile and change any information/ bio from your mobile device.
Step 1. Go to google or any search engine and go on to Fishlore.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1433551133.173289.jpg

Step 2. Now that you're on Fishlore, click "Aquarium Forum" and press the "Log In Button"

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1433551204.911110.jpg

Step 3. After you type in your password/username and log in, it should take you to the forum. But it will be the "mobile version". You will have to click "menu" on the top right hand corner

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1433551472.890325.jpg

from there it will show you a box like this

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1433551554.523522.jpg

you will then have to click "default style" at the bottom right hand corner.

Step 4. Now, it should take you to the desktop version of Fishlore. It should look like this

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1433551656.789239.jpg

now just click "My profile" and then click "About Me". They should be at the top of the screen .

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1433551929.563869.jpg

From there you should be able to change all of your info straight from your mobile device. Thank you guys for looking. This should help any members that will want to change any of their info from their mobile device. Mods, if you guys would like to change anything or if you would like to make this a sticky thanks!

Lucy, Mike, Rivieraneo

LiterallyHydro
Should come in handy for new members. Just a little cleaning up is all it needs

Lucy
Stuck to the top of the How Do I forum.

Awesome job AquaticBrandon. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

AquaticBrandon
Thank you Lucy. & thank you guys for looking

Anders247
Great write up AquaticBrandon!

AquaticBrandon
Mike
Well done - thank you AquaticBrandon !

AquaticBrandon
TaDah
This would be so awesome to follow if it wasn't iOS I have Droid and it looks nothing like the photos you have added. I don't have a login and I don't have a menu button I don't even have a "edit profile" button. I swear I'm not slow but this issue makes me feel stupid :\ I have been searching for the past few days on how to get to my profile xD

Anders247
Well, you can always go on the computer, it's easier there....

TaDah
That's what I did haha I just don't have a computer at home xD thank you for this thread

Jnx
Phew! Thanks for this thread, I think I found it! Was a bit more convoluted then I expected, that's all.

NightShade
I'm having the same problem as "TaDah"... but I use an iPhone... no menu at the top... found it at the very very bottom left, it'll say "fishlore style" click, & it gives you the option of "default style" and "original style". But after that, after I switch to default, it doesn't have an "edit profile", or even, "about me" or "my profile" buttons...

NightShade
Never mind! If you just click on your username (on the website, not app - on my iPhone), at top right, and then click on "Personal Details" it allows you to edit straight from that page - and you don't have to switch the fishlore/default style... I just needed to log out and log back in first before it would give me the option to edit. Hope this helps!

Anders247
NightShade said:
Never mind! If you just click on your username (on the website, not app - on my iPhone), at top right, and then click on "Personal Details" it allows you to edit straight from that page - and you don't have to switch the fishlore/default style... I just needed to log out and log back in first before it would give me the option to edit. Hope this helps!
Yeah, this thread was made before the upgrade, which changed the forum from vBulletin to XenForo so this isn't the same as it used to be.

Joe GG
Thanks for the write up!

CandyCane701
I hope this is the right place for this question. How do I contact an administrator to change incorrect info on my profile? I made my account and the birthday is wrong. It says I need to contact an administrator to change it. I've used the "Contact Us" option twice, but I haven't heard anything. Thanks in advance

jdhef
I think this is something Mike has to take care of.

Latest threads

Top Bottom