How To Change A Bulb ?

1. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

H everyone :) I am wondering if anyone knows how to change a lightbulb in a tank's cover. The cover is all black and the light is attached to the cover. I am providing here a picture of how my aquarium cover looks like. I tried to take the bulb out but I have no idea how to do this. I don't see any "switch" or whatever it is that would loosen the bulb out of the cover. All I see there are some screws that hold the light and they're located in pretty inaccessible places. Do I have to unscrew them? But even if I unscrew them, I don't think it'll help because the screws hold the light that is attached to yet another (white) piece of the cover. That is, the light itself is attached to the white piece (I don't know what the light is attached with - can't see anything there). And the white piece is attached to the black cover (white piece is attached to black cover with the screws). You can see the white piece on the picture here. I am confused about all this. Sorry, I never changed the lights so far!

Attached Files:

2. onelovie Member Member

You probably have to just twist the bulb, very carefully. There are two little prongs on each end of the bulb, on the ends you can see where they slide in to the tank cover. If you use two hands, one on each end of the bulb, and carefully twist (I'm not sure in which direction) you can probably hear when they turn and you should be able to just lift the bulb out. I hope that works on your tank, that is what I had to do to change mine!

3. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I have one of those tops on a 20G and thats the way mine changes also. Let us know if that works ;)
    Carol

4. fletch Member Member

haha, I thought this was going to be one of those jokes!!!

5. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Fletch, no jokes, lol, I really didn't know how to change a bulb! And thanks Onelovie and Butterfly ... lol, yes it worked. Just had to twist the bulb! I better go now ... shame on me for not being able to find out how easy it was to change a bulb!