How To Change A Betta From Blackwater To Clear?

JustAFishServant

Hey all! Sorry I haven't been posting much recently...I've just been busy with a few things Anywho, I'm wondering what is the safest way to acclimate a Betta from blackwater to normal, clear water? Honey, an extremely rare Dwarf Chocolate Feathertail long-tailed female runt Betta, was legitimately rescued when she was only approximately 6-8 weeks old from a nasty cup from Walmart 15 months ago. She was so tiny, very cold, stressed, and she had horrific fin rot. Luckily, I grabbed her from that situation (the people at Walmart knew me so well they gave her to me for free, which is why it's a legitimate rescue, as I didn't give them money to take 1 Betta, just so they could bring in more). Anywho, Honey's been in blackwater since I rescued her nearly 16 months ago. I used catappa to ensure her fins would heal (tannins are antibacterial, antifungal, usually antiparasitic, as well as an effective algaecide). She has grown a little bit (she is currently 1.75", not including her massive tail, and she is fully grown). Her tail has grown like crazy and occasionally gets a rip or two (she currently has a tiny bit of fin rot...she loves her Cholla wayyyy too much lol). I've never wanted to switch her to "normal" clear water, as I honestly really enjoy the look of blackwater much more than clear water, but I'm afraid I may have to...with the COVID-19 thing going around, I'm afraid to order more catappa leaves... So I'm wondering what I should do? I've still got a bit of tannins leftover from my last order of catappa, so it should last me quite awhile (maybe a few months?) Comments, opinions, suggestions? Thanks all

FinalFins

I would slowly reduce the amount of leaves/tannins going in/are in the tank over a period of 1-2 months

ayeayeron

I would slowly stop adding the leaves and other things that would add tannins and do tiny water changes until it goes clear.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Zarrin
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
Fieryskys
Replies
Views