How To Bring Rcs Out From Hiding?

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by SmallFishGuy, Feb 14, 2019.

1. SmallFishGuy

SmallFishGuyValued MemberMember

i have 10 RCS in my tank aswell as 4 honey gourami but I’ve not seen my shrimp very much since adding the fish, what can I do to prompt them out?

2. The_fishy

The_fishyWell Known MemberMember

How long did you add the fish? Sometimes the shrimp need a week or two to get used to things before they start getting more bold again.

3. OP
    OP
    SmallFishGuy

They were only added yesterday, I added 5 of the shrimp around 20 mins before the fish, I have a lot of places they can hide but I know the gourami can’t eat them because they’re only small fish, I’ve seen them have a close look at them but the shrimp have bounced away too fast for them

4. The_fishy

The_fishyWell Known MemberMember

Okay, personally, I’d just give everyone some time to adjust. Make sure they can get from hiding spot to hiding spot, that increases your chance of seeing them.

5. blue velvet keeper

blue velvet keeperWell Known MemberMember

i have heard honey gourami eat shrimp

6. OP
    OP
    SmallFishGuy

The gourami are only around 3/4 cm so they can’t eat them as of yet, I’m hoping the shrimp will start to breed before they get too big so I can have a decent haul of them

7. tjander

tjanderWell Known MemberMember

Hope I am wrong but I think your gourami will make shrimp cocktail out of your shrimp. IMO rehome the fish ASAP

8. OP
    OP
    SmallFishGuy

The shrimp are almost half the size of the fish, why would I rehouse the fish? They’re the main attraction of the tank