How to breed angelfish??

blennylover2323

hi, I have quite a lot of questions about how to breed angelfish. I have 6 angelfish at the moment are they are all coming to the size where they will start to breed. I have picked up a few signs of fighting but now after some research think that it might have something to do with mating. the are always flicking at each other and pushing into each other but not in a hurtful way. the are always nibbling at each other but they aren't bitting which I find really weird. I mean all the supposed "fighting" doesn't look like it would cause any pain and normally they seem to get along just fine. could this do with mating?

also can angelfish lay eggs in a community tank? or will the other fish prevent them of laying? I would remove the eggs after they lay and place them in a separate tank although im not sure on how to do that. I am thinking of using a laying slate which I will transfer to the other tank but how do I get the eggs across?

another question is a 15gal tank be enough for the eggs or will I have to buy another bigger tank? also what will the set up look like in this tank? I was told to add air pumps and a sponge Fittler but am not to sure on what that all means. would love pictures of other people's tank for an idea on what it should look like

another question is how would I know that they angelfish are paired up? is fit just when they are laying eggs or is there any way I can see earlier?

would love all the help I can get, am very stressed although super excited!!

blennylover2323

I have watched tones of videos online, thanks for the suggestion! will research more and hopefully get my questions answered!! ha ha
would love for anyone else's opinion!
Thanks

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
75 Gallon Tank Angelfish Breeding
Replies
Views
Angelfish1
Replies
Views
yukondog