how to ask a question?

luvlee11

I am sooooooooooooo sorry to have to ask you this but I know how to post a reply but I don't know how to ask a question , any help would be greatly appretiated!!!!!!! and btw I am sorry about asking thI on YOUR question page chase j

Lucy

HI lee welcome to Fish Lore.
To post a question navagate to the area of the forum that best suits your question and click New Thread.

MaddieLynn

Hey luvlee11, I just looked at your tank info, and you are WAY, WAY overtocked. I'm not trying to be mean, but your fish will die a miserable death if you keep them this way. A 2 gallon isn't big enough for any fish to live out its life happily or fully, and a 5 gallon is only big enough for a betta. Also, all of the fish you have listed are tropical except a goldfish, so they can't live together, and mollies should have salt. You need at LEAST a 20 gallon for your goldfish alone, and a 30 or larger would be better. I'm not an expert on blood parrot fish, but I know they grow very large, so you would probably need at least a 55 gallon tank for the 4 of them. Tetras don't grow very large, but they need to be in schools, so you need at least a 10 gallon, and a 20 would be even better. Gouramis generally grow from 4-6 inches, and mollies from 3-4 inches, unless they're sailfins, which can grow up to 8 inches. If you kept all of your fish in one tank, which you couldn't anyways because of the salt & temperature requirements, you would need at the very LEAST a 120 gallon.

You should take some of your fish (I'd reccomend the parrots and the goldfish) back to the pet store, and then get at the very least a 29 gallon for the rest of your fish.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't want your fish to die.

Fish Addict

Are you completely sure that you know about the nitrogen cycle and how to stock your tank, because, looking at your info, I agree with MaddieLynn that it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY over stocked...

Lucy

luvlee11 only asked how to post a question not about her tank.

Please give her time to find her way around the forum if she's having problems, that's when we can offer help.

luvlee11

thank you for sticking up with me about that lucy I HIGHLY appretiate it and you people that said all that stuff... well I am new at this and I asked my pet store keeper how many fish to put into it, what kind of fish to put into it , and he said it would be fine. then later I relied that I shouldnt mix fish, ( some fish ) and I don't know what to do with them.

Martinismommy

Luvee, take your time and browse....You'll figure it out in no time at all....We all had to start someplace right?

Have fun surfing the site now and welcome to Fishlore!

bettafish2816

you can post your fish on the buy/sell/trade forum here, on craigslist, on aquabid, or see if the store will take them back.

i'm sorry you got such bad advice from that employee, a lot of us have been in your situation before. unfortunately, stores exist for one reason, to sell things, not tell you what is best for your pets.

luvlee11

Hello!!!!!!!! I have a male and a female mollie in my tank and I think my female is pregnant. She has been this way for many days....well about 3 weeks... she has the dark gravid spot and she has been looking squareish...I moved her in a separate tank , then I had to move her back and I'm not sure what I should do...... I really need help ..... THANKS !!!!!!!!!
I did post this question on new threads but I have a feeling I will have to wait .... help me please

Lucy

Here's the link to luvee's question:

It's best to post a question in one spot. It's easier for you to keep track of the responses and other members will know what's already been suggested.

luvlee11

Again lucy you have become handy for me...... your a great help..... how do you add friends to your profile... would you be my friend on their ????? THANKS!!!!!!

Lucy

To request a friendship, click on the person's name and go to their profile. On the right you'll see an option where you can befriend that person.
I just sent you a request. I'd be happy to be on your friend's list.

luvlee11

lu cy hanks a bunch.... may I ask you another question, ( sorry ) how did you make your page soooooo pretty , mine is JUST white BORING!!!!!
lol

Lucy

I answered on your profile. At the top of this page, click on settings. You can get to your profile from there, add an avatar or sig.

Edit: Oh, and have fun! I'll be checking it out to see what you've done with it.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom