How to appropriately Acclimate a Betta fish?

Fishnugget43

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I want to rescue one of those poor BICs . my tank is all cycled and I will probably go to the pet store today. but it just dawned on me that they don't have a bag to float O.O so how do I put the lil guy in there with out him stressing out? I'll probably get him a plant to rest on as well any suggestions on which type?

Thanks All.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You want a tall plant with broad leaves. Anything with soft edges that won't snag pantyhose will do, so if you get fake, go with silk instead of plastic. I don't know about real ones, so can't help you there.

As far as acclimating, I always use the drip method, where I use airline tubing to start a drip from my tank into a container with the fish in it.

Fishnugget43

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sounds like a plan. I have a log ornament in the tank and it has some Broad leaves on it I will test it out. and I should take the bubble stone out right? I thought they needed one but I guess it just adds to too much agitation.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think in general, bettas like stiller water. Some people have an airstone. You could always have one and get a control valve to make the airflow very slow, if you want one. As long as your filter provides sufficient agitation at the surface, I think you don't NEED an airstone in a tank.

Fishnugget43

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok, Thank you!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads