How to add new angelfish to pre-existing angels?

blennylover2323
I want 4 more angelfish in my tank so I can get them to Breed but i'm not sure how to add them to my tank??
I have 2 angelfish at the moment which I've had for 3 months (don't know how old they were in the store)
I worry that introducing smaller angelfish will cause them to fight because my angles are bigger than the new ones.
is there anyone that can tell me any tips of adding new angels in.

Ghelfaire
Add tall decorations to break up the line if sight. Or move decorations around to break up the existing territory that your angelfish have.
Did you already buy the new angelfish? If not you can try going to a lfs, they might have bigger angelfish there.

BobbyGregg
Do you have a qt tank? can it house the angels you have now? If you can move the big angels for a week and rearrange the tank and put new angels in, that would be the best. If not go with Ghelfaire idea add some large plants or large cover areas and still rearrange the tank

blennylover2323
I can buy older angels online, will that help? also I've looked into buying already paired up angels, do you think that would be a good idea or not?
I can set up a qt tank for my angels but it would take quite a lot of work so I think might go for adding tall driftwood which could be used as a hiding place for any bullied angels.
will this work??

BobbyGregg
Whats the sex of the angels you have. If you get angels their size its better chances to be friendly try and have 3 females to 1 male if only looking to have 4. I have 4 angels 2 m and 2 f at first all was good till puberty then 1m would attack the other only the other male not the females. If getting small ones they have to have a good hiding spot a no line of site to one side so bigger angels can't see them. But of everything you want to do you will have to rearrange your tank. The angels there now have their territory and no outside angel big or small will be allowed there. It has to be a new surrounding to them at the same time you add the new angels. That way they think its a new home and they are not the boss.
Angels are beautiful i love them. They can have a temper and be moody and they can be very loving to.

BobbyGregg
This is my aggressive angel. He's a big bully he hates everyone. I've since moved him back to my 60g community and he has calmed down since

blennylover2323
Whats the sex of the angels you have. If you get angels their size its better chances to be friendly try and have 3 females to 1 male if only looking to have 4. I have 4 angels 2 m and 2 f at first all was good till puberty then 1m would attack the other only the other male not the females. If getting small ones they have to have a good hiding spot a no line of site to one side so bigger angels can't see them. But of everything you want to do you will have to rearrange your tank. The angels there now have their territory and no outside angel big or small will be allowed there. It has to be a new surrounding to them at the same time you add the new angels. That way they think its a new home and they are not the boss.
Angels are beautiful i love them. They can have a temper and be moody and they can be very loving to.
I don’t know about their sex, have been told you have till wait till their older and breeding. Will try to add more hiding places in my tank, so do you recommend anything? If I was to buy similar aged angels should I get 3-2 female and one male? What do you think?

Here is a picture of my current
C2C62DF3-BB5D-42AA-9599-0A6A605CAEF1.jpeg
F5F84390-0E35-43DF-A13D-717024C8AAC1.jpeg

BobbyGregg
Your top one looks more a male with the hump on its head the bottom one looks more female with the flatter sloped head. But the top one is more border line you can also tell by a lump under them. Look up YouTube vid on sexing angels. You would want 2-3 females to one male angle if having a schooling of 6 or more sine going with 4 3 females is what you need or males will fight. Angels are good alone,paired,schooling of 6. Anything leas should be 1 male to 3 females. As for hiding look for tall bushy grass like plants

BobbyGregg
This is my m f paired males will be bigger but yours seem still young and growing notice the head shape

20200611_222249.jpg

blennylover2323
I have found that I can buy some angelfish online with a breeder. the angelfish they are selling are much bigger than the ones in the store which might help with my current angels not picking on them. the only issue is that they are a bit bigger than my current angels. is that okay? do do all angels in one tank have to be the same size? what if I buy all female? will that help?

BobbyGregg
roughly the same size it should work, all females will def work with the one male

BobbyGregg
these are my other angels large one is a male but the other one looked like your white one with a little lump but being small I thought was a female turns out its a male with stunt growth. He won't get any bigger. I got all my angels at the same time they know and grew up with each other. I can separate them and put them together with no problem

Attachments

• 20200614_181235.jpg
    20200614_181235.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 51
blennylover2323
okay, so I have now brought 4 new angelfish that are a bit bigger than mine, they are all female. I am adding a massive tall piece of driftwood in my tank when I put the new angels in for bidding places.
thanks so much for all the help!!

BobbyGregg
yea should work, there be no pecking order between males and no fighting over the girls, he should pair up with one in a cppl weeks

blennylover2323
so I have added new angels in my tank and so far so good...
the breeder told me that they're all female but after looking at them I don't think they are. they have grouped up in a school with one of my other angels (which is leaving my small angel by herself) anyway they aren't fighting but are actually just swimming together. one thing is that the new angels are pecking at my pearl gouramis like a lot. is there any way I can make them stop?

here is pictures of my new angels!
IMG_0038.jpeg
IMG_0049.jpeg
IMG_0052.jpeg

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
TClare
Replies
Views
JeffreyN