How to add mystery snails?

Fiosco345

So i have some coming in tommory. can i just drop them in the tank?

FishPlanet

Just remember, Once you get them, Acclimate them for about 20-25 minutes. You could also quarantine them if you would like to. :)

BigManAquatics

I temp acclimate them, ideally around 30 minutes, give or take a few. The last snails i forgot about so they spent about 4 hrs getting temp acclimated.. lol

Just make sure whatever you do, the bag water does not go into your tank.

Cannot be re-iterrated enough on that one

StarGirl

Also do not open the bag first or the ammonia from shipping will rise really fast. Whatever water is in your tank will be better than the poo stew in the shipping bag.

Fiosco345

what if its in a paper towel?

StarGirl

what if its in a paper towel?
Like in the bag? Or you taking it out first?

Fiosco345

no sometimes they ship in just a wet paper towel. and what if its in a breather bag?

StarGirl

no sometimes they ship in just a wet paper towel. and what if its in a breather bag?
I found this video.

Marlene327

I ship them wrapped in wet paper towels, inside a ziploc with air. If you receive them like that, you can unwrap them, put them into that ziploc and add just a little of your tank water to it, float it for 5-10 minutes, then add more to it. Another 10 minutes should be just fine. Then just add them gently to your tank by hand, lower them to the bottom. They will most likely just lay there for awhile, maybe 2 hours. Some say it takes a day or 2 but I've never had that. Don't assume they're dead if they don't move, they're stunned from traveling. BUT if you smell something bad when you open them up, you know at least 1 didn't survive the trip, discard quickly!

NearMeBettas

I ship them wrapped in wet paper towels, inside a ziploc with air. If you receive them like that, you can unwrap them, put them into that ziploc and add just a little of your tank water to it, float it for 5-10 minutes, then add more to it. Another 10 minutes should be just fine. Then just add them gently to your tank by hand, lower them to the bottom. They will most likely just lay there for awhile, maybe 2 hours. Some say it takes a day or 2 but I've never had that. Don't assume they're dead if they don't move, they're stunned from traveling. BUT if you smell something bad when you open them up, you know at least 1 didn't survive the trip, discard quickly!
Perfect.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • ButtercuptheOranda
  • Snails
Replies
Views
ButtercuptheOranda
Replies
Views
Yeoy
  • Solved