How Tall Will A Marble Queen Sword Grow?

DrWigglespank

Reaction score
I have a 20 gallon tall tank and I'd like to add a Marble Queen sword in the back. The site I'm looking at claims they have slow to moderate growth and height is listed at 6-12".

I've read that Amazon Sword will grow very large, and assumed the Marble Queen would be similar, but if they only grow to 12", that would be ideal.

I do plan to set up a larger tank at some point (75 gallon at least) and this 20 gallon tank is basically a test bed to see what I can successfully grow, but it may be six months or more before I get the large tank. Hopefully, the Marble Queen wouldn't outgrow the 20g in that time.

MrBryan723

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They definitely can grow larger than 12" lol. Up to close to twice that size. A big pro about them as well as Amazon swords is you can cut the leaves back and also stunt them based on nutrients and lighting. I had a baby I kept stunted for about a year after my large tank died until I was able to buy a new one. It is doing very well now, about 9" and I have 2 babies from it I have relocated and planted that are also doing very well.

OP
D

DrWigglespank

Reaction score
They definitely can grow larger than 12" lol. Up to close to twice that size. A big pro about them as well as Amazon swords is you can cut the leaves back and also stunt them based on nutrients and lighting. I had a baby I kept stunted for about a year after my large tank died until I was able to buy a new one. It is doing very well now, about 9" and I have 2 babies from it I have relocated and planted that are also doing very well.
Thank you for the help. I thought perhaps it was a different type of sword that wouldn't grow so large, like a Chain Sword. Maybe the sizes listed on the site meant the size of the plant when it's shipped.

I think it's a great looking plant, so I'll go ahead and order one and if it starts getting too large, I'll cut it back as you suggested.

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Weekly

Votes: 86 66.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 24 18.5%

Top Bottom