How Tall Are You?

JustAFishServant

Just a fun thread I randomly thought of. How tall are you? What are the advantages and disadvantages of being your height?

I'm 5' 1", and being a guy, being short is often a problem for most. But for me, I've long since accepted my height and even embrace it! I mean, who's going to fit under that car to retrieve the keys? Or squeeze into that tiny cave to take pictures? And greatest of all, I get the best hiding spaces, like that teeny cabinet in the kitchen! If you're into playing 'Hide-and-Seek', that is. In my experience, the greatest thing about being short is the ability to help people in various ways that a 6' tall, wide-shouldered man just couldn't get through! Of course, there are disadvantages, too. Plenty of them. If someone asks me to retrieve the coconut sugar in the pantry for that paleo cookie recipe, I simply can't reach it without the help of a stool. And when I was young, I would climb on the counters to get a bowl, but, well, that probably isn't the most sanitary. Obviously, being 5' 1" has its pros and cons, but I have learned to "embrace the shortness"! So, anyway, feel free to tell stories on how your height has affected you in both positive and negative ways! I look forward to reading them! Good luck, my friends, and have a wonderful day!

A201

I'm six feet six inches tall. Only disadvantage, hard to find clothes.
Benefits, being tall helped pay my way through college (Basketball). In most cases, no need for a ladder.
All my kids ended up with long legs too. Lol.

SouthAmericanCichlids

I am 4'11", and am a guy. I am the shortest kid of my class. And all my family is short too. I think I'll be the tallest in my family though, which doesn't really say much, but still.

AggressiveAquatics

I can’t really remember. Somewhere between 6’1” to 6’3”

Kribensis27

I’m only 5'9", but I have been growing a ton lately, so probably taller soon.

Betta'sAnonymous

Tall enough random short women at the store ask me to help them grab stuff that is high up.

JettsPapa

6' here. Taller than average, but not a lot. I can reach most things I need to, and don't really know of any disadvantages to being this height.

TheFISH12

I gotta be at least 10 foot. Advantages- I can reach anything, good for sports. Disadvantages- I have to crouch in my own house.

The_fishy

5' 7.5" female. I have to watch sleeve and pant length because my arms and legs are proportionally longer than average. Also, I have to buy men's gloves usually. My brother is 6' 2" XD

Lakefish

The_fishy said:
5' 7.5" female. I have to watch sleeve and pant length because my arms and legs are proportionally longer than average. Also, I have to buy men's gloves usually. My brother is 6' 2" XD
I feel ya...I'm a bit over 5'8", ditto on the brother! And buy mostly men's work clothes. Why can't women's pants come in different lengths?? That's really the only downside.
On the plus side, it's a good height for fitting most cars. No trouble reaching anything or seeing over the dashboard!

The_fishy

Lakefish said:
I feel ya...I'm a bit over 5'8", ditto on the brother! And buy mostly men's work clothes. Why can't women's pants come in different lengths?? That's really the only downside.
On the plus side, it's a good height for fitting most cars. No trouble reaching anything or seeing over the dashboard!
It makes little sense!

Jojo205

5’4”, average
I’m the shortest in my family, which is surprising since my dad is short and my mom is a tiiiiiny bit taller than average (5’5”). My siblings heights range from 5’5” to 6’2” lol

Lucy

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Tall enough random short women at the store ask me to help them grab stuff that is high up.
This was my thought when I saw 6 footers reply.

I am that random woman!! Either that or I am climbing the shelves haha.
From short woman everywhere, we thank you!

Betta'sAnonymous

Lucy said:
This was my thought when I saw 6 footers reply.

I am that random woman!! Either that or I am climbing the shelves haha.
From short woman everywhere, we thank you!
I certainly don't mind. When i was a bachelor was certainly a great way to meet women!

JettsPapa

I have a cousin who, when asked her height, usually replies 5' 12" (and she is; her grandmother was also tall).

Equestrianhammy

I am young, so I am not tall in the least.
I’m also a girl.
I am a measly 5’ 1”
But don’t mistake me for being a wimp because of my height.
*ultimate wedgie powers*

fish 321

I belive I was around 5' 10" last year when the school nurse took my height. Who knows how much I grew since then.

GoldfishExxpert

JustAFishServant said:
Just a fun thread I randomly thought of. How tall are you? What are the advantages and disadvantages of being your height?

I'm 5' 1", and being a guy, being short is often a problem for most. But for me, I've long since accepted my height and even embrace it! I mean, who's going to fit under that car to retrieve the keys? Or squeeze into that tiny cave to take pictures? And greatest of all, I get the best hiding spaces, like that teeny cabinet in the kitchen! If you're into playing 'Hide-and-Seek', that is. In my experience, the greatest thing about being short is the ability to help people in various ways that a 6' tall, wide-shouldered man just couldn't get through! Of course, there are disadvantages, too. Plenty of them. If someone asks me to retrieve the coconut sugar in the pantry for that paleo cookie recipe, I simply can't reach it without the help of a stool. And when I was young, I would climb on the counters to get a bowl, but, well, that probably isn't the most sanitary. Obviously, being 5' 1" has its pros and cons, but I have learned to "embrace the shortness"! So, anyway, feel free to tell stories on how your height has affected you in both positive and negative ways! I look forward to reading them! Good luck, my friends, and have a wonderful day!
I’m 5’4 I’m a female and 20 years old

Dippiedee

5 foot although I often tell people I'm 5" 3 because I think its the most i can reasonably get away with lying about :rolleyes: (it isn't people frequently respond with 'you can't be' but ill still do it *huff*)

I resent being small, I hate having to ask for help so I will scale the shelves before asking someone taller to get something for me. And being called 'cute' :mad: I think I'd probably get ID'd less if I wasn't imp height too.

What I wouldn't give to be like... 5" 7 people take tall women more seriously I'm certain

Edit: I just read this back i think I might have a height complex

jake37

I'm not sure how tall i am but a lot of times i wish i was 1 inch tall and could just scoot away without being seen.

Prest12

I’m about 5 feet 9 inches. My height isn’t really an advantage or disadvantage on its own, but coupled with my skinniness it creates both. I can reach high(ish) things, and fit places many others can’t, but finding long enough pants with a 28 inch waist is near impossible.

V1K

I'm 170 cm/ 5'7 ft. It's an average height of women my age around here. Paired with weight and built that more or less coincide with conventional beauty standards, it makes shopping really easy for me. I can buy clothes online without fear that they'll look different on me than they do on the model in the photos.

freak78

I'm 6'3". My Dad's the same my brother is 6'4". I like being on the taller side, helps a lot in life.

JustAFishServant

jake37 said:
I'm not sure how tall i am but a lot of times i wish i was 1 inch tall and could just scoot away without being seen.
Oh my goodness, that is the funniest thing I've ever heard! :hilarious:

surfius

I'm 4'11" and I don't like this...

erinw347

I am a 5’3 female. I am half an inch taller than almost all the women on my moms side. I don’t hate it though. Talk people never get the exhilaration of climbing on kitchen counters to get things.

I am still young so I guess I could grow a little more? I just don’t find it likely to be honest. I did grow another half inch recently that I didn’t expect though.
Prest12 said:
I’m about 5 feet 9 inches. My height isn’t really an advantage or disadvantage on its own, but coupled with my skinniness it creates both. I can reach high(ish) things, and fit places many others can’t, but finding long enough pants with a 28 inch waist is near impossible.
Oh, tell me about it. The pants thing is so annoying. Size 0 barely fits me and that’s when I can even find them. I’m 95 pounds and finding pants that fit my waist and legs is so hard.

Skrabbitskrabbit

I’m 5’6”
Once when I was shopping and had help with reaching something high, I said something along the lines of “thanks so much, I’ve been this height my whole life” and without hesitation, the tall stranger replied with “well, you must have been a funny looking baby” :eek: lol

JettsPapa

Skrabbitskrabbit said:
I’m 5’6”
Once when I was shopping and had help with reaching something high, I said something along the lines of “thanks so much, I’ve been this height my whole life” and without hesitation, the tall stranger replied with “well, you must have been a funny looking baby” :eek: lol
Thanks for posting that. I haven't laughed like that in quite a while.

Jojo205

erinw347 said:
I am a 5’3 female. I am half an inch taller than almost all the women on my moms side. I don’t hate it though. Talk people never get the exhilaration of climbing on kitchen counters to get things.

I am still young so I guess I could grow a little more? I just don’t find it likely to be honest. I did grow another half inch recently that I didn’t expect though.

Oh, tell me about it. The pants thing is so annoying. Size 0 barely fits me and that’s when I can even find them. I’m 95 pounds and finding pants that fit my waist and legs is so hard.
If you have a tjmaxx in your area they have a huge juniors section that you can probably find jeans that fit you, and some brands have 00. Lol thankfully i fit into a 0-2 now but I had that problem for a long time!! And learn how to take in the waist, it’s a lifesaver!Ive seen videos on how to turn XL jeans into a smaller size like S or XS but i’m not sure how well it works lol

BettasAreSuperior

I am a teenager (female) and am about 5 feet 5 inches and still have more to grow...I think I will grow up to be 5 foot 8 inches or so.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom