How Strong A Pump For 90 Gallon Goldfish Pond Be?

Paloma

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey guys!

So I'm hopefully setting up an intex (or similar brand) mini frame pool as a fancy goldfish pond. I have 3 fancies (two oranda and one telescope) which I plan to put in the pool at first, although only two will go in at the beginning because I want one of my other orandas to put on a bit more size before going outside. In time I plan to have 5 to 6 fancies in the "pond".

The intex pool will be 90-96 gallons and I'm wondering how many gph should the filter be? I searched it up on google but I saw like a million bajillion different answers, (from like 2x to 10x your tank size) so I thought I'd ask for myself. I don;t want a flow that will toss my goldies around but enough so that it does it's job for the filter I'll use.

I haven't bought anything yet, I am just calculating costs moving them from inside to out.

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You could keep 5 fancy goldfish in your pond, no more than that.

As for the filter, since your pond is pretty heavily stocked I'd go for 900 gallons per hour (or more).

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
10x volume is my understanding for goldfish, or more. That would be a heavily stocked pond with 5 fish.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom