How should I stock this

Fishkeeping7777

I don’t know if this was in the right form

but so on another thread this explains the situation way better but I got some guppies I’m doing a fish in cycle

I know you can’t put a full stock in right away but in the future what should I put in here right now there’s only two males

nothing that will destroy the plants please No Cory Doras bc I’m getting another tank with them soon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 19

BigManAquatics

Tank size would be most helpful!

Fishkeeping7777

Fishkeeping7777

Tank size would be most helpful!
do you think harlequin reservoirs would work

is that the water is just hard
And I know they like soft water

BigManAquatics

Harlequins would probably do OK, as they are most likely captive bred.

Fishkeeping7777

Harlequins would probably do OK, as they are most likely captive bred.

I just don’t know what to put in there though I think they are a decent option for the tank I was also thinking of white clouds but the temperature would be way too high. and what algae eaters I can get I don’t want nothing big or anything I was thinking of shrimp but I know a lot of fish eat shrimp I really don’t want snails because the viral load is way too big
And I don’t know if the best for beginners
Do you think a betta it would work

I know this sounds weird but let me explain so am I Petco they have this female Betta she’s in a community tank with black skirt tetras I’m pretty sure I’m sorry I don’t remember but I’m pretty 100% sure they were black skirt but I know they were Tetris

It wasn’t covered with hides. or anything I don’t know if it would be good because there’s not a lot of hides in this tank

and I don’t want to stress the betta out.

BigManAquatics

You would need places to hide or break line of sight at least for a betta for sure. May just be best to go with a couple more male guppies, really. Can't decently put a lot in a 10 gal

Fishkeeping7777

You would need places to hide or break line of sight at least for a betta for sure. May just be best to go with a couple more male guppies, really. Can't decently put a lot in a 10 gal
I know but about the male guppies They like to fight ones covered and nips. But in your opinion With the reservoirs be good sorry I do not know how to spell it.

BigManAquatics

Rasboras could be good. They pretty peaceful, at least. May distract the guppies from each other a bit.

Fishkeeping7777

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. so they will be good in the Harder water. I don’t know where to get them from a chain store or from a mom and pop shop I know one that’s pretty good and it’s pretty popular in my city fish normally all taken care of well but I don’t know if they’re tank bread. I know it’s spelled like breadsticks Like the food I just did not want to change it I apologize for this

BigManAquatics

Thats where i would try. Probably get them from the same fish farns as the chain stores.

Fishkeeping7777

Thats where i would try. Probably get them from the same fish farns as the chain stores.
K.

do you have any recommendations for any algae eaters it’s right by the window so I know there’s eventually gonna be algae somewhere in there I was thinking of shrimp but again they would probably get eaten I didn’t want to get any snails because they’re buy a load.

BigManAquatics

A single nerite would help. Other than shrimp, thats about it for a 10 gal.

Fishkeeping7777

A single nerite would help. Other than shrimp, thats about it for a 10 gal.
Wouldn’t buy a load me too big
Wouldn’t buy a load me too big
I wouldn’t lay eggs everywhere

BigManAquatics

If it's female, yeah, there will be some eggs.

otterblue

You could get corydoras and they shouldn't disturb your plants, although the corydoras won't eat algae. As far as shrimp, I have cherry shrimp and the adult shrimp have never been bothered/eaten by the fish in their tanks (neon tetras, platys, betta, GBR) - although that's not a guarantee. Shrimplets wlll probably be eaten. If you're worried about it, you could probably get Amanos and they should be fine.

Fishkeeping7777

You could get corydoras and they shouldn't disturb your plants, although the corydoras won't eat algae. As far as shrimp, I have cherry shrimp and the adult shrimp have never been bothered/eaten by the fish in their tanks (neon tetras, platys, betta, GBR) - although that's not a guarantee. Shrimplets wlll probably be eaten. If you're worried about it, you could probably get Amanos and they should be fine.
I don’t think German Rams get along with guppies and I don’t think the look good when neons and I don’t want 50 million babies so I’m good on platies thank you for your opinion

otterblue

I don’t think German Rams get along with guppies and I don’t think the look good when neons and I don’t want 50 million babies so I’m good on platies thank you for your opinion

Sorry, I wasn't saying to get any of those fish. I was saying that, in my experience, none of those fish have eaten my shrimp - so shrimp would probably be okay with your guppies (although the shrimplets will be eaten).

Fishkeeping7777

Sorry, I wasn't saying to get any of those fish. I was saying that, in my experience, none of those fish have eaten my shrimp - so shrimp would probably be okay with your guppies (although the shrimplets will be eaten).
Oh thx than I would probably get them then either shrimp or snail

Fishkeeping7777

So do you think this is over stocking

4 Harley Quinn razzBoris

three Guppies

shrimp or small bristle nose

MyFishAddiction

Definitely no plecos in a 10 gallon. I'd go with 5 guppies, shrimp. Thats it.

Fishkeeping7777

Definitely no plecos in a 10 gallon. I'd go with 5 guppies, shrimp. Thats it.
Even the small ones I heard they’re really good suggestion
And the reason why for the harlequins I really don’t wanna get any more Guppies because the ones I really have keep fighting so that’s why the harlequins are there

MyFishAddiction

Ok, the harlequins are fine. But a pleco, any pleco, would a) grow WAYY too big for a 10, and b) send your bioload sky-high.

Fishkeeping7777

Ok, the harlequins are fine. But a pleco, any pleco, would a) grow WAYY too big for a 10, and b) send your bioload sky-high.
I know. Is that have nothing to eat at the bottom of the tank like the food that falls

Fishkeeping7777

Some bladder or ramshorn snails would be better. They eat leftover fish food. and lower bioload.
Do you think I mystery snail I would work

MyFishAddiction

It might, for eating leftovers, but you have to feed it other food too.

Mii

Get a third guppy. Guppies don't tend to be aggressive, but keeping anything in pairs is often bad, unless you have a breeding pair of something that likes to pair off to breed(Like cichlids). For another fish I think you could go with a small schooling fish like some small rasboras or tetras, OR you could go with a trio of honey gouramis(either 1m2f, or all females), but don't do both cuz it'd be overstocking.

Fishkeeping7777

Get a third guppy. Guppies don't tend to be aggressive, but keeping anything in pairs is often bad, unless you have a breeding pair of something that likes to pair off to breed(Like cichlids). For another fish I think you could go with a small schooling fish like some small rasboras or tetras, OR you could go with a trio of honey gouramis(either 1m2f, or all females), but don't do both cuz it'd be overstocking.
Yeah I was thinking getting another guppy with either a snail or some shrimps to make sure no algae comes in the tank. And some Harley Quinn‘s Rasbora‘s

I really don’t wanna get any Gouramis cause I heard they’re harder fish to take care of

Mii

Yeah I was thinking getting another guppy with either a snail or some shrimps to make sure no algae comes in the tank. And some Harley Quinn‘s Rasbora‘s

I really don’t wanna get any Gouramis cause I heard they’re harder fish to take care of
How hard a gourami is to keep really depends on the type. Honey gourami are pretty easy and usually peaceful, meanwhile some other species tend to be harder to keep, like chocolate gourami for example.

Fishkeeping7777

How hard a gourami is to keep really depends on the type. Honey gourami are pretty easy and usually peaceful, meanwhile some other species tend to be harder to keep, like chocolate gourami for example.
Oh didn’t know
But I still don’t wanna own one Right now when I get a bigger tank.
I was thinking of getting one more guppy then it would be even out and 4 Harley Quinns

and a few shrimp or snail I really don’t know which one
I would like some fish algae eaters but a lot of them get too big or like groups.

Mii

Oh didn’t know
But I still don’t wanna own one Right now when I get a bigger tank.
I was thinking of getting one more guppy then it would be even out and 4 Harley Quinns

and a few shrimp or snail I really don’t know which one
I would like some fish algae eaters but a lot of them get too big or like groups.
If you want harlequins, I suggest you go with 3 guppies and a bigger group of harlequins as they really prefer bigger groups. They'd probably do ok with just 4 bit would appreciate a few more friends.

Fishkeeping7777

If you want harlequins, I suggest you go with 3 guppies and a bigger group of harlequins as they really prefer bigger groups. They'd probably do ok with just 4 bit would appreciate a few more friends.
. it’s good for a 10 gallon so if I get three guppies and 4 Harley Quinton‘s

that 7+1 snail or shrimps

so the full stock would be eight

do you think there’s any more I could fit

Mii

. it’s good for a 10 gallon so if I get three guppies and 4 Harley Quinton‘s

that 7+1 snail or shrimps

so the full stock would be eight

do you think there’s any more I could fit
I think 5 or 6 harlequins could work just make sure you add fish gradually over time as to not overwhelm your nitrogen cycle and get an ammonia spike.

Fishkeeping7777

I think 5 or 6 harlequins could work just make sure you add fish gradually over time as to not overwhelm your nitrogen cycle and get an ammonia spike.
Yeah that’s what I’m planning. but I’m gonna have to get a guppy a little too soon just one because the another one’s getting pretty beat.
I got them a pretty big filter today that can’t suck them up

and they have two filters one for 1 gallon and one

10 gallon

and I do daily water tests

MyFishAddiction

Seems good, only a little overstocked. I would recommend 50% water changes every week. Other than that, you're good to go!

Fishkeeping7777

So far I went to the pet store and I got an narrate Snail And while talking to the guy I did do some research on them but not a lot but one thing I did know was there or males and females so but while talking to the guy he’s like oh no they’re just hermaphrodite which I know wasn’t true so he just baged one for me so guys what to do if it’s a female I can’t handle eggs everywhere

and I cannot get my money back for the store I bought was a mom and pop shop and they only allow two day returns

Will I ever get Shrimp and the answer is yes Just wanna make sure they’re OK because the water parameters I don’t want them to be too sensitive to them

But then he showed me ottos and I said I have a 10 gallon and told him I stock

And then he said that’s OK you can add them and I said no because I know my bio load would be way too big

I know they like groups

Similar Aquarium Threads

15 Gallon Tank Beginner stocking help?
Replies
Views
JavaMossMan
Replies
Views
Ljayb2
  • Poll
Replies
Views