How Should I Bury My Betta Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by sabean, Mar 4, 2018.

1. sabean

sabeanValued MemberMember

Hello sad update after a long 3-4 week battle against dropsy my betta passed. I want to bury him outside but we have 5 cats and a dog and i’m worried about them trying to dig him up.

2. Mcasella

McasellaFishlore VIPMember

You can bury him in a potted plant where he can nourish the plant, that way he lives on in a way and you have something that will protect him from scavengers.

3. OP
    OP
    sabean

sabeanValued MemberMember

i wanted to put him in a specific plant but i just set it up to germinate a few days ago so i don’t think there will be much of him by the time it gets put in a pot but maybe i will put him in the pot the plant will be in for the mean time. thanks for the suggestion

4. emmysjj

emmysjjWell Known MemberMember

When my hamster passed, I found a quiet beautiful place in the woods and buried her there. Hope this helps.

5. JackA99Valued MemberMember

I have never had problems with animals if you bury the pet in question deep enough so they can’t smell it. I don’t know a exact depth but for all my pets it has not been too insanely deep.

6. Drion

DrionValued MemberMember

Sorry to hear about you're betta :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice