How Should I Adjust This Price

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by aaw1218, Apr 17, 2017.

1. aaw1218Valued MemberMember

I'm dropping out of the aquarium hobby, how should i adjust this price/post to get a sale? Haven't gotten an offer yet.

2. BeanFish

BeanFishWell Known MemberMember

Wow. Sorry to hear that. I dont know really, the price sounds good for that tank and specially the filters, but you have to understand that not too many people will buy a 125 gal tank.
    If something I would maybe consider lowering the price 50 bucks or so but really for all you are offering I think it is good. I live in Mexico tho so things may change a little bit there.
    And also, the way you bring your message, I think it can be improved, you come as a little bit rude or agressive (no offense but that is how the world works, you talk to them sweetly and they buy, you are blunt and they run... )when you inmediatly say the price is not negotiable, or when you use full caps. I think you can improve a little bit the message and make it more appealing to the customer, I think a better structure would help attract a buyer (which will be rare I think, not many people are looking for 125 gal tanks lol.

3. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlfWell Known MemberMember

Seems like a reasonable price to me for a medium sized tank with inexpensive gear but a nice stand, taking into account how cheap everything is in the US. I can find a lot of similar sized tanks near me for less, but most are older tanks, cheaper stands.

4. Fashooga

FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

You should call LFS around your area and see if they might be intrested in the tank and the other accessories. I'm sure they be willing to take a used tank and sell it quicker or use it for themselves. You probably will get low balled but at least you have a vacant wall to put a chair with it.

5. Mike A

Mike AValued MemberMember

That price does seem decent. Maybe you could try putting OBO (or best offer) next to the price and see if you receive offers from people.

6. ounderfla69

ounderfla69Valued MemberMember

To be honest I think it is way over priced, the tank goes on sale new for $335 at Petsmart around Christmas. The tank stand is fiberboard, it would be better if it was pine or hard wood. Your selling as package so you a lot of the things you include your going have to give away. The lights are fluorescent and not Leds. Really the only thing of value is the tank itself. I think your going to get $300-$350 for everything sold together. If you pieced it out maybe a little more, but like new is not new its used, most things loses 40 to 60 percent of their value when you walk out of the store.

7. ILLBETHEJUDGEValued MemberMember

Hi i am in Miami and i have sold a lotnof tanks through craigslist. lately i have been posting them in offerup, letgo and 5miles apps also basically to get more traffic.
    All i can say is be patient, not everyone is prepared to buy a 125 gallon tank and shed $500 which i think is a good price.
    Be prepared to negotiate and lower the price but don't let anyone lowball you which most people try to do.
    renovate the post at least every 2 days and also post it in the pet section of craigslist.
    also instead or the price ending in 0 make it end in 5 basically instead of $500 ask for $495 when the potential costumer plays the number in his head is gonna sound less intimidating that is why you see in supermarkets prices are always $1.99 instead of $2 nothing ends on 0.
    I hope this helps and good luck selling the tank oh and also don't list everything wait until someone contacts you and tell them "oh and i am also gonna throw a hang of the back filter i have so costumer will think the deal just got better"

8. BeanFish

BeanFishWell Known MemberMember

I agree with this post, looks like he has figured his marketing stuff out.

9. APierce

APierceWell Known MemberMember

Not long ago that same exact tank was on sale at Petsmart for 500 dollars....why would anyone pay the same price for a tank/stand that is used, when I could just go buy it there for the same price.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice