How Should A Glass Aquarium Top Fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberr567

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hello! I'm about 90% sure that my new glass hood does not fit my aquarium.

It lays on top of the black part, not on the inside (see pictures).

I'm kind of disappointed, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to fit this way, either? I thought they were supposed to fit inside the lip of the top. It's definitely an upgrade from what I did have, but didn't meet the expectations I had.

Also, if this doesn't fit, how in the world do I get a hood that will fit?
My tank is a 37 gallon and is 30inches long. I got a 29 inch glass hood. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks.

Attachments

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So to get the exact fit measure the inside dimension (ID) of the tank lip. That will give you the length and width. That is the dimension you want not the length of the tank.

Alternatively you can make a hood from 1x8 wood with some 1x1 or 2x2 corner and mid supports. then you put your glass in the top of that after you spray the wood with plastidip or a nice rustoleum black paint.

OP
Amberr567

Amberr567

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So to get the exact fit measure the inside dimension (ID) of the tank lip. That will give you the length and width. That is the dimension you want not the length of the tank.

Alternatively you can make a hood from 1x8 wood with some 1x1 or 2x2 corner and mid supports. then you put your glass in the top of that after you spray the wood with plastidip or a nice rustoleum black paint.
That's a very interesting idea! I might have to look into doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom