How Reliable Is Aqadvisor?

Lantonor

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Just wanted to know how reliable AQAdvisor is. I have a planned stocking for my 20 long, and aqadvisor says that it's 95% stocked. Is it safe to add on all the fish I planned on getting? Or is that percentage too much?

Brannor

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
To be fair... that thread is 8 years old. Are we saying that AqAdvisor has not been updated/upgraded in those 8 years?

-G

LaniKai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Brannor said:
To be fair... that thread is 8 years old. Are we saying that AqAdvisor has not been updated/upgraded in those 8 years?

-G
It might be better then it was back then but I still think AqAdvisor is not perfect. It's still better to do research on the fish or ask someone who knows more about the fish. I do admit I use it sometimes to get an idea of what I want but I double check everything and I don't rely on it.

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It’s not perfect at all. It’s really a compatibility program. It can tell you fish A and fish B will work but in reality fish A needs a higher temperature while fish B won’t work with fish A due to pH.

It all comes back to researching what you want. Forums like this have plenty of members who can help out.

DaleM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Agree AqAdvisor is not perfect and can give mixed results, but in terms of a fish stocking program it is the best of a bad bunch. Make sure you individually research each fish requirements in terms of temperature, temperament, etc.

Seriously Fish is one of the better info sites, animal world isn't too bad either. Planet catfish is excellent for all catfish

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom