How pregnant do you think my female red wagtail platy is?

GoldfishNatalie

I bought this female red wagtail platy - no pictures - yesterday from an unsexed batch at my local petshop. She is in with three guppies and two male platys. She keeps chasing the males away when they come near her, and she is a fair bit fatter than them. How pregnant do you think she is? She was in with males before I got her. I don't want to catch her to have a look at her - the walls of her aquarium aren't seethrough, only the roof - because as I said, I only got her yesterday and she is probably stressed enough as it is.

jpaquatics

Almost certainly pregnant if she was with males. It is impossible to tell for sure, and also impossible to tell how far along, without photos of her.

GoldfishNatalie

Okay. I’ll keep an eye on her and get some pictures when she’s settled in.

I got pictures, easier than I thought without stressing her much. Now, the computer won't accept the chip they are on, so we'll see.

Here she is. Do you think it will be soon?

IMG_2216.JPG
IMG_2217.JPG
IMG_2218.JPG
IMG_2220.JPG
IMG_2221.JPG
IMG_2222.JPG
IMG_2223.JPG
IMG_2224.JPG
IMG_2225.JPG
When she isn't going to the loo her vent is a little swollen and white.

fishbreeeder

She is definitely pregnant. It will happen from a few days to 2 weeks. It always happens at night so be aware. If you are planning on keeping the fry then net them out into a container because they eat their kids

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
IamFishNoob
  • Sokamix
  • Platy
Replies
Views
Sokamix
  • Scardom
  • Platy
Replies