Question How Often To Give Betta Aquarium Salt Bath?

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well for fin rot I suggest Indian almond leafs to stop infection and then try some daily %25-60 water changes. Clean water is the best to stop the rot and grow the fins back. Last time I tried salt nothing happened and it got worse. But for salt baths with other medications some do 1 or 2 even 3 times a day.

WinterSoldier.

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well for fin rot I suggest Indian almond leafs to stop infection and then try some daily %25-60 water changes. Clean water is the best to stop the rot and grow the fins back. Last time I tried salt nothing happened and it got worse. But for salt baths with other medications some do 1 or 2 even 3 times a day.
I didn't know indian almond leaves could cure fin rot? My water is perfect and yet my betta still has fin rot. Anything I shld know before I get the leaves?

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I didn't know indian almond leaves could cure fin rot? My water is perfect and yet my betta still has fin rot. Anything I shld know before I get the leaves?
Well I would not say cure but they help stop infections such as a fungus growing on the fins. Rinse the leaves and then be ready for yellow stained water due to tannis ( Perfectly normal and natural for bettas)

WinterSoldier.

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well I would not say cure but they help stop infections such as a fungus growing on the fins. Rinse the leaves and then be ready for yellow stained water due to tannis ( Perfectly normal and natural for bettas)
Okay will do! So does it relax the betta? And would it help the betta regrow its fins?

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Okay will do! So does it relax the betta? And would it help the betta regrow its fins?
It does relax the betta. I was able to heal splashes fins by 2months of daily water changes. I started with 1 leaf in his 5gallon and by month 2 I was putting 4 giant leafs into his tank. Not sure if that helped re grow his fins but it made him much happier and comfortable. Just keep trying with your water changes.

HelloKittyPowa

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
@CanadianFishFan I too am considering to try the almond leaves treatment. Could you explain a couple more things about it though? I too have a 5 gallon tank and one crowntail betta. Now, my questions are.. For each water change do I replace the leaf with a complete new one? Or do I rinse the original one that would go back in the tank? How long the treatment? Why exactly after 2 months would you put 4 leaves? Sorry, I just want to know step by step what to do. I would appreciate it.

BettaMaxx

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I too am interested in almond leaves. When the tank is cycled, water is pristine, plants and décor are soft/pass hosiery test, and salt doesn't seem to be helping it's hard to figure out what else to do. You might also look into methylene blue dips. Sounds like almond leaves could be expensive at that rate but is a more natural solution.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
@CanadianFishFan I too am considering to try the almond leaves treatment. Could you explain a couple more things about it though? I too have a 5 gallon tank and one crowntail betta. Now, my questions are.. For each water change do I replace the leaf with a complete new one? Or do I rinse the original one that would go back in the tank? How long the treatment? Why exactly after 2 months would you put 4 leaves? Sorry, I just want to know step by step what to do. I would appreciate it.
I've been reusing the same Indian almond leaf for about 3 months now. It no longer release tannins but it is very natural for betta to hide in. I do like to rinse the mas they get slimy. You can use Indian almond leafs every single day of a betta life if you wanted too. They aren't a treatment but are there to comfort the betta and to stop any infections on the fins. I put 4 leaves because I was fed up with daily water changes and wondered what would happen. ( Maybe it healed his fin rot, maybe it didn't)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom