how often to fertilize flourish seachem in a 20 gallon tank

keeleymcook

Reaction score
How often shouild i fertilize flourish seachem in a 20 gallon tank with java ferns luckey bamboo eloda anubis crypt wedtii(or something like that) and some DHG my lighting is 15 watt (i am getting hornwort and java moss wirhin the week also) and is flourish seachem bad for any plants i know exel can melt plants but i dont have exel s9rry for rambiling and thanks

Jim

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Excel can harm SOME plants, not all. Seachem Flourish is something like a capful for 50 gallons BUT always read and follow the label,instructions. Flourish does not hurt any plants that I know of when dosed properly. Don't tell anyone but I always cut the suggested dose of ferts in half - I figure the company is trying to sell all they can and half is better than nothing. My plants agree!!

Jim

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ya know, come to think of it - I have dosed my Val's with the recommended dose of EXcel and they were not affected. Just don't overdose"

Mr.Cody

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
i dose excel every 2-3 days recommended dose for my 40 breeder

i dose comprehensive once a week with my water changes at recommended dose

i have mixed stem and root feeder plants and have had no problems in the 2 years its been set up also used the same before i switched from my 55 to the 40 and that was about a year so ive had no issues for around 3 years if not a bit longer now

freak78

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
In my 55g planted I dose comprehensive once a week on the day I do my water changes and excel every other day after that.

tunafish89

Valued Member
Reaction score
I dose flourish every two week, and always dose 50% lesser than the recommended dosage.
It works for me pretty well as I don't have any high demand plants in my tank.
I would say it depends on what kind of plants you having in your tank but always dose lesser than the recommended dosage.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom