How often to feed frozen?

Mhamilton0911
I just recently tried frozen mysis and brine shrimp and I was wondering how often I should feed this? I have been thawing in a shot glass of tank water, and using a dropper to suck up a few and select feeding my bettas individually, then a little into the shrimp tank for the single guppy and 2 cories, they LOVE IT. Then I've been dumping the rest into the community tank. Fish are like piranhas. It's crazy to see them attack food like this, they must really like it. But how often? Once every other day? Longer?

It has made my male betta crazy for me any time I walk into the room, he thinks he's getting shrimp all the time now! My lady betta will jump almost an inch out of the water to steal bites from the dropper. It's great fun.

Advertisement
BigManAquatics
I usually feed frozen 1-2 times a week.

Advertisement
Dunk2
Folks will disagree with this, but I feed frozen bloodworms every day. Always have, and my fish do well.

Mhamilton0911
Yeah so far I've done every other day, rotating between the mysis and brine shrimp. But they love it so much, I didn't know if it's like eating fast food too often.

Dunk2
Yeah so far I've done every other day, rotating between the mysis and brine shrimp. But they love it so much, I didn't know if it's like eating fast food too often.

As you probably know, a lot of folks say feeding frozen foods too much is “bad” for fish.

I’ve asked for the basis of that belief, but haven’t seen anything yet. Nor has anything “bad” happened to my fish.

carsonsgjs
I feed frozen every day, once a day, but on rotation so the fish never get the same food 2 days in a row. Bloodworm, white mosquito, black mosquito, mysis, brine shrimp and a cichlid mix with all sorts in it are currently on the menu. My lot love it.

Advertisement

Dunk2
I should probably clarify. . . I feed frozen bloodworms every day, along with other foods like higher quality pellets. So my fish aren’t getting bloodworms only.

kansas
bettas are meat eaters, i feed frozen food every day, once or twice a week for the endlers

Linda1234
I think a bit depend on the species as to how often you should feed what... Too much meat for some fishes is a bit unhealthy...

Folks will disagree with this, but I feed frozen bloodworms every day. Always have, and my fish do well.

ProudPapa
I feed frozen food generously to all my tanks twice per week, and usually skip feeding altogether the next day. I don't know if it's right or wrong, but it's what I do.

BigManAquatics
I will feed frozen foods a bit more if i am trying to get fish to breed. Less if i don't want them to.

Mudminnow
I personally don't think it matters much. I've played around with this a bit. I've fed my fishes only pellets, the fishes were happy. I've mixed frozen and pellets, the fishes were happy. I've fed my fish only frozen, the fishes were happy.

I think frozen meaty foods are only bad if you don't offer a variety or have herbivorous fishes.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jmaldo
  • Question
Replies
Views
Bettatakeover
Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies