How often to feed frozen foods?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Khory4611, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Khory4611

Khory4611New MemberMember

How many times a week is it ok to feed frozen foods? I have used mostly flakes thus far but it is more fun watching them devour frozen bloodworms, etc.

I normally feed twice a day and I was considering making two or three of those feedings something frozen. Bloodworms one time, brine shrimp the next. Maybe Daphnia or something too? Any suggestions?

2. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Hello Khory,

Keep in mind that a variety of food is always best. I use a staple pellet food for all of my fish. I like to give treats of thawed frozen blood worms and baby brine shrimp at least 2, usually 3 times a week. Some get pre-soaked freeze dried krill.

My Silver Dollars get a Romaine lettuce leaf every day. My Pleco gets a slice of fresh zucchini every day. Too, I feed everyone in all tanks thawed, blanched, peas once a week. Peas are high in fiber and help to keep the fish regular and prevent constipation. Blanch them for a minute or two, slice them in half and remove the skin. Then slice them into sizes about the size of one of the fishes eyes.

I feed my fish once per day, with the exception of Wriggley, my Betta that gets fed twice per day.

Ken

3. Nutter

NutterFishlore VIPMember

Good advice above from Ken. 2-3 times a week is usually about right for most fish. It's best to continue using a quality flake as the major part of thier diet as it contains lots of vitamins & minerals that the fish don't get from frozen foods like daphnia & bloodworms.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice