How often to feed chocolate chip starfish?

bettaf1sh 7789

Hi. I just got a chocolate chip starfish about 6 days ago and I was wondering how often it needs to be fed. He’s mostly hanging out on the glass near the top of the tank. I fed him a clam the day after I got him and then another one the day before yesterday and he happily ate both and seems to kinda move around when I feed the fish. How often should I be feeding him? He doesn’t seem too interested in the algae around the tank and I just figured if he’s taking food, he’s probably hungry. Is every other day for feeding too much?

OxymocanthusLongstrinosus

this isnt a reef tank right? they are very agressive corallivores. id feed him a peice of shrimp every few days.

bettaf1sh 7789

this isnt a reef tank right? they are very agressive corallivores. id feed him a peice of shrimp every few days.
Nope, no corals. Used to have a couple, but my filefish went after them and I figured I’d enjoy the star more. I’ve been feeding clams on the half shell like every 2-3 days as well as occasional nori. So I guess just a piece of shrimp/clam a couple times a week is good?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bettaf1sh 7789
  • Question
Replies
Views
Bruinfishkeeper1
Replies
Views
KeepSwimming12
Replies