How often to feed a Betta?

Veevles

Hi everyone. Hope you're keeping well. I've recently adopted a new betta from a LFS. I've had issues with overfeeding previous bettas and would like to avoid this. Currently I feed my boy twice a day. During the day I give him either 2 soaked seachem nutridiet pellets or 3 bloodworms. In the evening I give him 3 brine shrimp and 1 bloodworm. I'll be changing him to daphnia, pellets and brine shrimp with bloodworms as treats once his health improves. He's still recovering from a case of fin rot from the LFS. I'd really appreciate advice on how much of each type of food to give and how often. Thank you!
DSC_0110.JPG

RomanNoodles96

Well Known
Honestly I feed mine 3 to 5 pellets a day, but since she's in a community tank she also eats some of the flakes for the other fish and she's been doing fine like that for the past 2 months. I'd say what you're doing is fine but if she gets a little fat/bloated I would lower the feeding amount.

OP
Veevles

Veevles

RomanNoodles96 said:
Honestly I feed mine 3 to 5 pellets a day, but since she's in a community tank she also eats some of the flakes for the other fish and she's been doing fine like that for the past 2 months. I'd say what you're doing is fine but if she gets a little fat/bloated I would lower the feeding amount.
Thanks so much!

Lisanna

Yes, that is definitely enough food. On my first betta, sometimes I wouldn't feed him for a day or two, and he would do just fine. Bettas can survive for days without food. I would give your betta maybe a teensy bit less, like maybe in the mornings either give the pellets or the bloodworms, but if you do not see anything wrong so far with your betta, like constipation, bloating, etc, then just go with your daily feed.

New Threads