How Often To Change Water Betta Tank

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by rajika4ever, Apr 8, 2017.

1. rajika4ever

rajika4everNew MemberMember

Cycled :yes
    Size 3 Gallon
    Only betta living there
    Planted tank
    Filtered 45GPH HOB

How often should i change the water and in what percentage ?

I just feed once a day only few 4-5 pallets.

2. AWheeler

AWheelerWell Known MemberMember

I have my daughter do 50% once a week in her 2 1/2 gallon tank. I would say you should do about the same in a 3 gallon one.

3. bgclarke

bgclarkeWell Known MemberMember

In our 3.4 and 7 gallon betta tanks, I do 50% change once a week.

4. FishL:))

FishL:))Well Known MemberMember

I do exactly the same as everyone else here with their Betta tanks. My Betta is in a 3 gallon tank and I do 50% every week. Or, I do 25% twice a week. :)

5. Protim Sarkar

Protim SarkarWell Known MemberMember

You should do a 50 % water change weekly. Try to reduce the food 2-3 pellets.

6. Pringlethesnail

PringlethesnailWell Known MemberMember

Depending on the pellets I wouldn't reduce. My fish is healthy size and he eats 7-8 a day

7. BottomDweller

BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

I've just got a betta in a 5 gallon tank and I plan to do 40% twice a week because it's so easy to do water changes on such a small tank. I also have a nerite snail in there by the way.

8. Tag41

Tag41Valued MemberMember

In my lil guys 5 gall i change 70-80% water twice a week and my bro who has 1 betta all by itself in a 20 gall changes 50% once a week dunno if that helps though

9. AllieSten

AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

I do a 50% change once a week. Finnley is in a non-planted, cycled, 5 gallon tank. Going to switch him to a 10 gallon in a few weeks and get him a roommate (divided tank of course).

I would feed 2-3 pellets once a day and add either brine shrimp or blood worms for a second feeding during the day. Pellets don't have enough protein for long term health. Plus they love the variety.

I would also add a day where he fasts for 24 hours followed by a blanched, de-shelled pea to help with digestion.

More than once I have done a second water change because it is sooo easy with the small tank. My 10g is overstocked so I am doing water changes every 4-5 days. A lot of times I just do the betta tank right along with it. Just takes a few extra minutes.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  10. OP
    OP
    rajika4ever

rajika4everNew MemberMember

Then i guess i am doing all good.

i was doing water changes every week 50%.

its really easy to change the water in such a small tank.