How Often To Change Water Betta Tank

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by rajika4ever, Apr 8, 2017.

1. rajika4ever

rajika4ever New Member Member

Cycled :yes
    Size 3 Gallon
    Only betta living there
    Planted tank
    Filtered 45GPH HOB

How often should i change the water and in what percentage ?

I just feed once a day only few 4-5 pallets.

2. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

I have my daughter do 50% once a week in her 2 1/2 gallon tank. I would say you should do about the same in a 3 gallon one.

3. bgclarke

bgclarke Well Known Member Member

In our 3.4 and 7 gallon betta tanks, I do 50% change once a week.

4. FishL:))

FishL:)) Well Known Member Member

I do exactly the same as everyone else here with their Betta tanks. My Betta is in a 3 gallon tank and I do 50% every week. Or, I do 25% twice a week. :)

5. Protim Sarkar

Protim Sarkar Well Known Member Member

You should do a 50 % water change weekly. Try to reduce the food 2-3 pellets.

6. Pringlethesnail

Pringlethesnail Well Known Member Member

Depending on the pellets I wouldn't reduce. My fish is healthy size and he eats 7-8 a day

7. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I've just got a betta in a 5 gallon tank and I plan to do 40% twice a week because it's so easy to do water changes on such a small tank. I also have a nerite snail in there by the way.

8. T

Tag41 Valued Member Member

In my lil guys 5 gall i change 70-80% water twice a week and my bro who has 1 betta all by itself in a 20 gall changes 50% once a week dunno if that helps though

9. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

I do a 50% change once a week. Finnley is in a non-planted, cycled, 5 gallon tank. Going to switch him to a 10 gallon in a few weeks and get him a roommate (divided tank of course).

I would feed 2-3 pellets once a day and add either brine shrimp or blood worms for a second feeding during the day. Pellets don't have enough protein for long term health. Plus they love the variety.

I would also add a day where he fasts for 24 hours followed by a blanched, de-shelled pea to help with digestion.

More than once I have done a second water change because it is sooo easy with the small tank. My 10g is overstocked so I am doing water changes every 4-5 days. A lot of times I just do the betta tank right along with it. Just takes a few extra minutes.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  10. OP
    OP
    rajika4ever

rajika4ever New Member Member

Then i guess i am doing all good.

i was doing water changes every week 50%.

its really easy to change the water in such a small tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice