How Often To Appy Liquid Fertilizer?

Cholo Anderzon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Has anyone used Ista Water Plant Fertilizer?
IMG_20170426_145820.jpg

I have moss and use to have lot of low light stem plants like cabomba, bacopa, hornworts, hydrocotyle tripartita and hygrophila polysperma planted in a 30g tank with lighting but it didn't work to well. The moss are fine though, but the stems are not, now I only have 5 or lesser stems of each, so I decided to try another kind of plant and planted lot of malayan aqua fern in my tank, I also buy water fertilizer to give them higher chance to thrive. I'm just not sure how to use it effectively. Its dosage says...
Untitled150.png

Its cupful is equivalent to 10cc so I apply a bit more than a capful for the 30g tank.
I'm just anxious on "10cc, 20cc," part. Also on how often should it be use, since it's not indicated.
Just how often these kind of staffs should be use?
Thanks..

Last edited:

Cholo Anderzon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What light are you using? Any CO2?

1cc = 1 milliliter
Just "Philips T8 18 Watt Fluorescent Cool Daylight 2ft Light" for low light plants.. XD . and I don't inject co2..

What I'm anxious about is the "one capful as 10cc, 20cc," part. Why it indicates to amounts when the cap only measures up to 10cc? does it means it can be apply 10cc-20cc per 100l/26.42g? not sure what it is.

I'm sorry, it's just that I'm having this anxious feeling very often. XD

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Does the bottle say what is in it? Such as % of nitrogen, phosphate, potassium, iron etc?

I think what it's saying is 1 capful is 10cc, and 20cc is good for 100 liters.

If you're unsure, you can fill the cap with water and use something else to measure out the milliters it contains.

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I've had planted tanks and have never used fertilizers or co2. I had so many plants using a full spectrum lamp that I had to thin them out and give a bunch away. I'd rather not introduce more chemicals to the tank.

Elecktra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Honestly, I've had planted tanks and have never used fertilizers or co2. I had so many plants using a full spectrum lamp that I had to thin them out and give a bunch away. I'd rather not introduce more chemicals to the tank.
what is the brand of light you are using? tnx

Cholo Anderzon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Does the bottle say what is in it? Such as % of nitrogen, phosphate, potassium, iron etc?

I think what it's saying is 1 capful is 10cc, and 20cc is good for 100 liters.

If you're unsure, you can fill the cap with water and use something else to measure out the milliters it contains.
I'm not sure about the contents, most of the writings it it are in chinese.

The capful make sense. Heheh..

Thanks..

Cholo Anderzon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So I should apply 2 & 1/4 cap for 30g tank.
But how often should I apply it?

How often does these kind of fertilizers should be use?
Daily, weekly or what?..

clk89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I personally use liquid fertilizers once a week after my weekly water change is done. I also use osmocote root tabs which last a month or two in my tank for the plants that take up most of the nutrients via the roots and substrate. Sometimes you may have to change it up depending on how the plants react, it's a bit of a balancing act with nutrients, and light when it comes to plants.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A lot of chinese ferts are made to be daily. If you post a pic of the chinese i can translate for.you but the very bad chinglish means 1 cap is 10ml and you.should dose 20ml for 100l.

Cholo Anderzon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A lot of chinese ferts are made to be daily. If you post a pic of the chinese i can translate for.you but the very bad chinglish means 1 cap is 10ml and you.should dose 20ml for 100l.
It says made in Taiwan.
And thanks..
IMG_20170427_084648.jpg

Does it says anything about its ingredients and expiry date?.. XD

I also have another question. It says "keep in cool area, avoid direct sunlight" so I keep it in the fridge's vegetable bin. Is it ok?..

Thanks..

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Strangely enough i doesnt say how ofter in chinese either just 20ml per 100l. Every fert i bought in china is for daily dosing but most are around 5ml per 100l. The strength does vary however, the one im currently using is 8ml per 100l.
Ill try and see if i can find anything on the web about how often to dose.

My.chinese isnt good enough to figure out the ingredients. ive never learnt as ive never bought a bottle that says whats in it.

Its says it will expire after 3yrs there should be a date somewhere so that means 3yrs after that date. Also you shouldnt need to store it in the fridge i store all my ferts under the tank.

Cholo Anderzon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A cheap one! LOL! Aqueon T-8 Full spectrum. Since I only have a 20G I use a 17w, 24" fluorescent.
Seen that one before and on my personal opinion it's really nice for low light plants in a smaller tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom