• four times a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more than four times a day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i dont have the facility to do polls for some reason  . the only poll option i have is on the suggestions board?! dunno why?!

edit: wa-hay.....i have the poll facility!! bit late, but here goes...
how often do you feed your fish?

i've heard some do once a day, some do 3 times a day etc.

i do morning and night with flakes, so 12 hourly. then half an algae wafer every other day on the evening feed for the loach and plec....although all the fish seem to have a go at it as if they've never been fed before!! - i have a greedy bunch!! then every friday they get some live daphnia instead of flakes as a treat.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I believe I feed them their regular granuales twice a week. But of course I spoil them with shrimp pellets once in a while.
Tom

justhelping

Reaction score
I feed mine twice a day & occasionally a third time, but never very much at each feeding. At night with the evening feeding I also throw in a couple shrimp pellets & a piece of algae wafer for the bottom feeders.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I feed mine 2ice a day. Once when I get up before school (or whenever I wake on a weekend) and then again at 4:30pm every day.

Gwenz

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Gwenz said:
I feed mine 2ice a day. Once when I get up before school (or whenever I wake on a weekend) and then again at 4:30pm every day.

Gwenz
similar to me! ;D i put the right amount of food in the lid of the fish food and then my 4yr old tips the food into the tank so he feels he is feeding them, so the feed times revolve around him! so as soon as he gets up thats the first job so about 7.30am, then again before he goes up to bed, so about 6pm ish. they amuse me, cos every time he goes nr the tank the fish go mad, even if its not feed time!! they just associate him with food!! ;D

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Twice a day.
When I get home from work (noon) and later on in the evening when I do water changes.

Dino

Teresa

Reaction score
I feed two times daily,except for the fry. I feed them 4 to 5 times daily but just small amounts. Do you think thats too much for the fry?

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Dino said:
Twice a day.
When I get home from work (noon) and later on in the evening when I do water changes.

Dino
thats good to know! a few people have looked at me strangely when i've said i do twice a day, and said it should only be once. however, as they know nothing about fish and you've hundreds of fish, i value your opinion more!!

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Teresa said:
I feed two times daily,except for the fry. I feed them 4 to 5 times daily but just small amounts. Do you think thats too much for the fry?
i've heard 4-5 times for fry before somewhere. i've never had fry so i'm not 100% sure. (should have some soon though if they dont get gobbled up )... and i feed my adults 2 x a day, so i'd say you're right! i'm sure if you're not someone will let you know! so long as they eat it all with in a few minutes and its not hanging around in the tank encouraging ammonia etc, you cant be far wrong!!
Tan

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I feed twice a day also. About 7:30am and then about 10pm before bed. Sometimes when I'm home during the day I slip them a treat
Because I feed them this way i have to do more water changes, which I don't mind
Carol

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Once a day, sometimes twice

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Twice a day...once before school and once at 6:00 or so.
Cas & Fuego twice a day.
Dorado usually only once a day because he's fat from eating all the little critters swimming around my 20 gallon, plus he probably steals the catfish food.
The catfish and shrimp as needed. (every 1 to 2 days usually)

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i feed my comets twice a day with pellets. i also feed them lettuce, peas, carrots, dry worms, and live worms. i smash the peas and carrots before feeding.

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
Twice a day-in the morning and at night.

platypuff

Reaction score
Once aday usually sometimes twice

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I feed them every morning.  Weekdays, I'm up earlier, since I have to go to work.  I sleep in a little on the weekends, so my boyfriend usually feeds them when he wakes up.  When I wake up and ask him if he fed them, he says yes because they they were all starving and practically belly-up, so it's a good thing that one of us took care of them.  He likes to tease me. : 

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bonochick said:
When I wake up and ask him if he fed them, he says yes because they they were all starving and practically belly-up, so it's a good thing that one of us took care of them. He likes to tease me. :
I know what he means though, most fish are such beggers you think they are staarving
Carol

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
we feed our fish AM and PM half the amount they'd get for the day and fast them on Mondays.

simpleton

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My fish get flakes in the morning and freeze dried blood worms in the late afternoon to early evening.

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I feed regular flakes every morning, and "something else" in the afternoon around the same time I eat my evening meal. "Something else" varies between veggie flakes, blood worms, or, well...something else!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom