• Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 14 10.8%

• Total voters

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I feed once a day their main diet which is NLS pellets and supplement nori for the tangs every other day.

What's your feeding schedule like?

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I usually do once a day with Omega Flakes and on occasion i put some bug bites or omega pellets for my corys... i have 7 tanks thanks to the $1 per gallon sale and partially this site :)... I feed other things as well but the aformentioned foods are their staple diet.

TheFishmonger

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Depends. I usually feed twice a day the 20 gallons with the Black Ruby Barbs, Rummynose and Corydoras and once every two days the 5.5 gallons with the Celestial Pearl Danios. But since I moved the Celestial Pearl Danios in the 20 gallons, I feed three times a day. The only problem is that I don't see the Celestial Pearl Danios eating at all and that worries me.

GlennO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Flakes & pellets in the morning and a small amount of fresh or frozen in the evening. Duckweed as an occasional addition.

Vinh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I often feed my fishes when they still alive...When they die i feed them to other...

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cichlid tank: once a day for diurnal, once a night for nocturnals.
Tropical tanks: once a day
Snail tank: 4 days a week
I fast everybody (including my husband) one day every couple weeks.
NOTE: Husband doesn't have to fast if he cooks that day lol!

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I feed my 10 discus 2 times a day Monday through Friday once in morning and once in evenings when I get home from work. Weekends are 3 times a day breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Tony_P

Valued Member
Reaction score
I feed twice a day .. a pinch of flakes for the top/ middle feeders and a pinch of bug bites for the bottom feeders. I try to be cautious not to over feed on this schedule. That's the biggest danger I see.

Every week or so I like to put some veggies (cucumber/ zucchini/ spinach) in for them to snack on while they watch TV. ;)

Tony

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Most tanks twice a day. What they can eat in 2 min. I use many different foods. Shrimp once a day or less. Discus are still young and under 9 months so they are eating as often as I can feed them. Maybe 6-10 times a day. Whatever they can eat in a min.

Fish0n

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Depends on the fish. I have a peacock eel who I feed less than once a week with live food that is on the larger side. The eel is supposed to be nocturnal but I found that once he associated me with worms he pops out whenever I'm in the room so I don't worry about feeding him at night anymore. There was little information about how often to feed these guys so after I got him (already full grown) I paid close attention to the size of his stomach and activity levels to find how often I thought best suited feeding him.
I rotate between pellets, flakes, seaweed sheets, freeze dried, frozen and live foods for all of my other fish 1-2 times a day.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I feed as often as I can and my water change schedule allows ..
Few fish actually over eat as opposed to suffer from poor water quality when over fed ...
I dig fasting older big fish..I feed fry 10 times if I could ...
Again as much as water changes allow ..When I know my time for maintenance will be short I feed less..
@Momgoose56 I like to fast myself ! I cook for myself also but less is more for us too..

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom