20 Gallon Tank How often do you feed your corydoras?

Willow84

Hi All! I have 6 zebra danios which makes getting food to my loxozonus corys kinda tricky, but I have been figuring that out with help from forum members. Now I know for next time, not a great mix! Just wondering, as this is my first time with corys, how often do you feed them? I know I need to feed them and not just let them live on leftovers, but I do want them to eat up bits from the substrate. And sometimes I feed them a sinking wafer for bottom dwellers, but every time I go to remove it, one is always on it until it is dissolved, so the wafer is in there for hours. So I am feeding only once a day or sometimes every other if they have a wafer in there for hours. But I do not want to starve or stuff them. Any advice?

kallililly1973

Get a container of Omega One Shrimp Pellets the sinking type and they will be well fed with 5-6-8 of those daily.. the zebras may try to nibble on them but if u drop the dry food at one end and the pellets at the other or into the outflow of your filter everyone will get plenty.

Willow84

Thanks so much! I actually just ordered some of those so that is great.

Mlou

I think the omega one shrimp pellet which is one of my cories favorites...have been changed to omega one cory pellets now with salmon and shrimp so i guess it's an upgrade? I bought a can and we'll see if my cories love it as much.

darkcat

I use hikari sinking wafers for my julii and loaches. I usually divide it into 4 pieces and use 3 of them. My betta also tries to eat them and at the end he eats them all. He usually get fat so I put him in the breeder box until the corydoras eat all of them. I do that every 1 to 3 days.

Latest threads

Top Bottom