How Often Do You Do Aquarium Water Changes?

How often do you change your water? (Partial water changes)

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly

• Monthly

• Quarterly

• Hardly Ever

• Total voters

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Let's see how often people are changing the water in their tanks.  Login to vote and see the results.

FishFan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Do you mean 'partial water change' or total water change?

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I changed it to include "partial"

Craig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
definately weekly mr mike

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
actually i do a 25% twice weekly since i just feel better about it. my little guy was sick and i got started doing it when i brought him home and just haven't stopped

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I usually do 50% once a week in all my tanks except the turtle tank. He gets 100% change every week.

newbie101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
weekly 4 me dudes ! i read that if u do it daily it'll change the levels of stuff in the water too drasticly and stress the fish.

dahly

Valued Member
Reaction score
This is a good question for me at this time. I have been changing 25% every 4 days, but my lfs said that's too much. I was going to go down to 20% every other week, because of the lfs and so much that I have read. I will stay at 25% every 4 days, and check water chemistry once or twice weekly too. "Freshwater fish like freshwater!" If they were in a stream, the water would be in constant change. I just need to be sure the temp is correct, as not to stress the fish. I see Gunnie and other change their water frequently, so will I! Good poll, thanks!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I do 30-50% every week and 25% twice a week on the 75 gallon because it has 3 big waste producers in it. The fry tanks(2) get 50% every day for the first 6 weeks.
Carol

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Dahly said:
This is a good question for me at this time.  I have been changing 25% every 4 days, but my lfs said that's too much.  I was going to go down to 20% every other week, because of the lfs and so much that I have read.  I will stay at 25% every 4 days, and check water chemistry once or twice weekly too.  "Freshwater fish like freshwater!"  If they were in a stream, the water would be in constant change.  I just need to be sure the temp is correct, as not to stress the fish.   I see Gunnie and other change their water frequently, so will I!  Good poll, thanks!   
If your tank is cycled, you can't do too many water changes. Although I do 50% in all but my turtle tank every week, if I did this routine less frequently (like once a month), it could be hard on the fish, because the new water being added might adjust the ph. Since I do it every week, there is probably not much of a fluctuation. More frequent water changes is far more important than how much you change out.

Jason

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I used to to do a 25% weekly and a 40% fornightly but now I increase to about a 30% every 5 days or so.

dano569

Valued Member
Reaction score
i do a 25% every week and add in new stress coat and salt.

platypuff

Reaction score

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started

simpleton

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I do my water changes anywhere between weekly to 2 weeks maximum. I usually do a 40% water change with a good cleaning using the gravel vac.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom