How Often Do You Do Aquarium Water Changes?

?

How often do you change your water? (Partial water changes)

1. Daily

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Weekly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Monthly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Quarterly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Hardly Ever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mike

Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Let's see how often people are changing the water in their tanks.  Login to vote and see the results.

2. F

FishFan Valued Member Member

Do you mean 'partial water change' or total water change?

3. OP
    OP
    Mike

Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I changed it to include "partial"

4. C

Craig Well Known Member Member

definately weekly mr mike :D

5. chickadee

chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

actually i do a 25% twice weekly since i just feel better about it. my little guy was sick and i got started doing it when i brought him home and just haven't stopped

6. G

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I usually do 50% once a week in all my tanks except the turtle tank. He gets 100% change every week.

7. n

newbie101 Well Known Member Member

weekly 4 me dudes ! i read that if u do it daily it'll change the levels of stuff in the water too drasticly and stress the fish. :)

8. d

dahly Valued Member Member

This is a good question for me at this time. I have been changing 25% every 4 days, but my lfs said that's too much. I was going to go down to 20% every other week, because of the lfs and so much that I have read. I will stay at 25% every 4 days, and check water chemistry once or twice weekly too. "Freshwater fish like freshwater!" If they were in a stream, the water would be in constant change. I just need to be sure the temp is correct, as not to stress the fish. I see Gunnie and other change their water frequently, so will I! Good poll, thanks! :)

9. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I do 30-50% every week and 25% twice a week on the 75g because it has 3 big waste producers in it. The fry tanks(2) get 50% every day for the first 6 weeks.
    Carol

10. G

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

If your tank is cycled, you can't do too many water changes. Although I do 50% in all but my turtle tank every week, if I did this routine less frequently (like once a month), it could be hard on the fish, because the new water being added might adjust the ph. Since I do it every week, there is probably not much of a fluctuation. More frequent water changes is far more important than how much you change out.

11. J

Jason Well Known Member Member

I used to to do a 25% weekly and a 40% fornightly but now I increase to about a 30% every 5 days or so.

12. d

dano569 Valued Member Member

i do a 25% every week and add in new stress coat and salt. :)

13. p

platypuff New Member Member

I have been completing a 10% water change twice a week

14. C

COBettaCouple Fishlore Legend Member

We do a partial water change of about 25% in all the tanks each week.

15. s

simpleton Valued Member Member

I do my water changes anywhere between weekly to 2 weeks maximum. I usually do a 40% water change with a good cleaning using the gravel vac.