How much zucchini for....

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by kidster9700, Jul 25, 2015.

1. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

I have 6 cories and a bumblebee catfish (Asian). How much zucchini should I be feeding them? Or do they not eat veggies at all? They currently get shrimp pellets and they normally eat the veggie rounds I drop for my snails. There's a bunch of pest snails, along with 3 mystery snails and a nerite that I want to start feeding zucchini to, but that's easy to figure out the amount to feed. I just wanted to know if I drop in a second slice for my catfish, how much should they get?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Plecomaker

Plecomaker Well Known Member Member

My cories have never been to hot on veggies other then algae wafers, not sure about the other cat

3. Aqua Hero

Aqua Hero Well Known Member Member

they dont really need zucchini. you can feed them blanched peas and algae wafers and they will be fine. but if you want to feed them zuuchini then give then a boiled slice of it. feed it twice a week

4. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Corys don't need veg, they have no teeth for rasping & I believe bumblee catfish don't need veg either as they're more carnivorous.

5. OP
    OP
    kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

Okay, so if I drop some in for my snails I won't have to add extra for the cories? That's a relief. I don't want to burn through the zucchini.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I always have veg in for my Bn & Oto's & the corys never touch it

7. Plecomaker

No the cories i have only munch on plants that are dry or powdery.

8. Aqua Hero

Aqua Hero Well Known Member Member

There not eating the plant matter there probably eating the small pieces of food and mirco organisms on it

9. Plecomaker

Nope ts spirulina

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice