How Much To Stock A 36 Gallon?

atyshka

I've had a 36 gallon aquarium for about five years now and I've really loved taking care of it. One of my oldest fish, an angelfish, recently died and I'm trying to decide whether I should get more fish or not. I currently have one remaining large angel, three platys, two corys, and two gouramis. Can I add more fish or should I leave it at this? I know corys prefer schooling so I thought about getting more of those, but I really did love having the two angelfish and I'm considering raising another. Back when I had two adult angels, I was doing 30% water changes weekly. It's also heavily planted which helps soak up nitrates. Do you think I had it overstocked or not?

Attachments

• IMG_0763.jpeg
    IMG_0763.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 66

Epicoz

I don’t think so but I’m not sure

aussieJJDude

I'd personally stick with one angel. It's likely the new angel will end up being a punching bag for your existing angel....

As for cories, I would reccomend getting more. Looks like you have at least one bronze cory, so getting more of those would be a good idea. 6-8 bronze cories would look nice.

Another thing I would suggest is getting a school of larger tetras or rasboras, to add some visual interest. Couple of species come to mind, including rosy tetras, rummynose, lemon, black/red phantoms (either all!), harlequin rasboras, emerald eye rasboras and pristella tetras come to mind. A group of 8 -10 would look nice and really fill out the tank.

caitlinemm

I'd say to keep the singular angel, add some more corydoras to make is a school and maybe add 6 of a large species of tetra. Black skirt?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Poll
40 Gallon Tank 44 gallon tank stocking
Replies
Views
AhmedMagdy
Replies
Views
MyFishAddiction
  • Question
Replies
Views