How much to feed neon tetras?

Discussion in 'Neon Tetra' started by beautyfish, Mar 29, 2010.

1. b

beautyfish New Member Member

I realize its easy to find this on the internet, but everyone seems to have a different amount. Just wondering what you think :;dk

Luv ya,

BeautyFish :;hug2

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Beautyfish,

Just a pinch or two should do for the neons. Don't put more in the tank than they can eat in just a minute or two. Keep in mind that most aquarium fishes stomachs are only the size of 1 of their eyes. A little in the morning and a little a night. Some people feed their fish 3 times, 2 times, I only feed my fish 1 time a day. (Wriggley my Betta gets 2 meals a day).

Best wishes,
    Ken

3. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Agreed with Ken. A pinch should do. They may seem hungry sometimes when it's feeding time but that's how fish are. :) They're greedy! I feed my fish once a day too.

4. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Ditto! :;bananahey

5. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

I do exactly the same, they're part of a community, so I put a pinch in and what they gets, they gets!! They've alwasy done very well even at feeding times alongside the pesky danios!

My bettas get 2 meals a day, community gets 1.

6. OP
    OP
    b

beautyfish New Member Member

Thanks you guys! (didnt know how to quote): Keep in mind that most aquarium fishes stomachs are only the size of 1 of their eyes. That sounds good.

7. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

If you see trails of poop attached to your fish as it glides through the tank, you'll know you're feeding too much. Another good rule of thumb. And one I constantly have to remind my husband of. :rolleyes:

8. h

hyun007 Valued Member Member

Yes, just a pinch.
    Neon Tetra do not eat alot.
    My danio and barbs are the hungry hippos in the tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice